About Nanotech Energy, Inc.: Nanotech Energy is focused on developing the next generation of fast charging, more powerful batteries. The technology is based on graphene, which has been hailed the wonder material of the 21st century, and Nanotech Energy is harnessing its properties to revolutionize the way we power our world. Our products will create real-world benefits, from helping develop more cost-efficient, environmentally friendly personal electronic devices to creating a more efficient way to harness renewable energy. As a small company, the work setting is challenging and dynamic in a diverse environment that promotes teamwork and inclusiveness. Nanotech Energy offers the opportunity to join in the growth stage of a startup company and contribute at all levels to make an impact.
Position Summary: Responsible for inspecting work sites to determine safety hazards. Helps companies and workers minimize on-the-job risks and comply with safety laws. Provides safety management, advice, monitoring, and reporting in the workplace, and engage staff in programs that ensure safe practice in the workplace.
Responsibilities and Duties
· Provide initial safety training for new employees and continued training for existing employees.
· Identify and measure potential safety hazards in the workplace.
· Analyze risk of fires in buildings.
· Determine dangers of handling certain toxic chemicals.
· Recommend appropriate loss prevention methods.
· Assess probability of harm.
· Develop procedures and designs to reduce the risk of illness, injury, or damage.
· Ensure new products do not cause harm.
· Anticipate, evaluate, and react to hazardous conditions.
· Develop hazard control methods.
· Stop any unsafe acts or processes that seem dangerous or unhealthy
· Coordinate safety programs.
· Coordinate with outside organizations, such as OSHA or fire departments.
· Provide OSHA training if necessary.
· Design and install safety devices.
· Investigate industrial accidents.
· Advise workers on the proper use of safety equipment and clothing.
· Oversee installations and maintenance of substances etc.
· Supervise the safe handling, storage & disposal of hazardous materials.
Education and Qualifications
· Bachelor’s Degree.
· Experience in industrial and warehouse type settings.
· Excellent written and communication skills.
· Certification from the Board of Certified Safety Professionals or EHS considered a plus
· OHSA Certification a plus.
· Ability to respond to multiple priorities simultaneously; ability to coordinate with different departments on multiple projects.
· Knowledge of safety and health rules, regulations and standards.
· Ability to plan, implement and evaluate safety and health programs, to communicate effectively and to provide guidance to others.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $70,000.00 – $85,000.00 per year
• Health insurance
• Paid time off
Schedule: 8 hour shift Ability to commute/relocate: • Chico, CA 95928: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
To apply: Please send resume and cover letter in PDF or MS Word format to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include “Safety Engineer” in the subject line.