We are seeking a qualified Safety & Environmental Coordinator to work collaboratively with our division located in Anderson, CA.
ABOUT THE POSITION
• Work closely with Plant Manager, Superintendent and Supervisors to achieve company-wide safety and environmental goals
• Drive safety excellence, promote crew involvement and accountability, and proactively eliminate hazards
• Manage safety programs, accident and injury prevention, and regulatory compliance
• Implement programs that educate, engage, and motivate crew members
• Develop and provide leadership for Safety Committee and safety meetings, with focus on raising safety awareness and creating an environment free of incidents
• Train crew members on safety programs such as lockout/tagout, confined space entry, emergency evacuations, and ensure such programs and training are properly documented
• Build relationships with medical providers and engage injured workers to develop successful treatment plans and return to work programs. Accompany injured worker to medical appointments as needed
• Investigate accidents, potential accident situations, and property damage, with complete documentation and root cause analysis to recommend future preventative and corrective measures
• Maintain required air, water, hazardous materials, and other permits including collect, analyze, and submit data required for regulatory reporting
• Maintain an understanding of, and ensure compliance with, current Federal, State, Local regulations and Company policy
• At least 2 years lead or supervisory experience preferred
• Knowledge of OSHA, EPA, and Hazardous Materials regulations preferred
• Knowledge of air and water permits is helpful
• Ability to work independently, analyze problems, and make decisions with minimal management intervention
• Flexibility in work schedule to effectively interact with multiple crews and shifts, with availability to respond to emergencies 24/7
• Proven commitment to safety and Company policy
• Ability to handle multiple priorities under demanding circumstances
• Understand machinery operations with sufficient knowledge to address both safety and environmental considerations
• Solid working knowledge of Word and Excel, and ability to learn various PC based reporting system applications
WHY JOIN OUR TEAM
Because this is more than an invitation, it’s a commitment to offer opportunities for personal and professional growth to everyone! We ask people to grow with us and make the company even better.
We provide an excellent benefit package including a full Health Benefits Plan with low cost premiums, a 401(k) with Company Match, additional Retirement Contributions, and company paid Life Insurance. In addition, for over 38 years, the Sierra Pacific Foundation has provided scholarships to help the children of our crew members with education expenses. Each year, the Foundation gives an average of $500,000 in scholarships.
HOW TO APPLY
If you are qualified and would like to join our team, please send a cover letter referencing this position and a resume by
October 30th, 2020 to:
Sierra Pacific Industries
PO Box 496011
Redding, CA 96049
Interested in SPI, but not this job? Look for future openings at: www.spi-ind.com/careers
Sierra Pacific is an (EOE) Equal Opportunity Employer, including those with a disability and veterans. We are a
drug and tobacco free workplace.