Do you have a passion for sales, mentoring, and business development? As a Sales Manager – based in Northern CA – you will be responsible for managing a team of Sales Associates as you work to meet the sales goals in your assigned territory. You will be responsible for managing the executive relationship for key accounts, developing goals, setting targets, measuring results, hiring and developing teams, training and coaching for excellence in sales, and conducting comprehensive performance assessments.
This position reports directly to the Area General Manager and is a key part of Weyerhaeuser’s Distribution Center leadership team. In the event of the Area General Manager’s absence, you will be expected to act as the site leader.
There is ample room for growth in this role. This position would prepare you for other leadership roles in distribution, EWP or other wood products areas.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Participating in the development and execution of business strategies including developing sales and marketing programs;
- Building and executing sales plans to include: driving down dead stock; growing new products; understanding cost to serve and getting paid for it.
- Strategic customer planning and relationship management;
- Aggressively leading and motivating the sales team;
- Working sales manager. Actively selling 10-20% of time and manage a sales territory.
- Develop program and assist sales representatives in their presentations to key customers. Leverage our WSO/SSO process and techniques.
- Lead and participates in customer events, promotion and other customer activities.
- Partner with the Product Managers on area and local pricing, supports the efforts of supply chain management and participates in trade shows.
- Centrally located in Northern California
Experience: Prior experience in sales team management. Experience in residential wood or building materials sales is preferred. Proven problem-solving skills.
Communication: Ability to collaborate across organizational and functional boundaries.
Education: Bachelor’s degree or higher.
About our Wood Products Distribution Business:
We have over 48,000 SKUs from over 300 suppliers of structural framing materials and specialty building products for residential, multi-family and light commercial markets. Our team of on-the-ground sales and support has the industry reach, experience and knowledge to help grow your business. We’ll get you what you need, when you need it.
Our experienced operations team with over 40 LEAN greenbelts provides a safe and efficient delivery service. About our Wood Products Business We manufacture and sell an innovative collection of proven structural framing materials to the residential, multi-family and light commercial markets, and also provide seamless building solutions, from design to installation to support. This team moves fast, works smart and never stops pushing to be and stay number one in the industry.
Weyerhaeuser is an equal opportunity employer. Inclusion is one of our five core values and we strive to maintain a culture where all our people feel a sense of belonging, opportunity and shared purpose. We are committed to recruiting a diverse workforce and supporting an equitable and inclusive environment that inspires people of all backgrounds to join, stay and thrive with our team.
Job Customer Service, Design, Sales & Marketing
Primary Location USA-CA-Stockton
Other Locations USA-CA-Redding
Job Level Manager
Job Type Experienced
Shift Day (1st)
We sustainably manage forests and manufacture products that make the world a better place. We’re serious about safety, driven to achieve excellence, and proud of what we do. With multiple business lines in locations across North America, we offer a range of exciting career opportunities for smart, talented people who are passionate about making a difference. We know you have a choice in your career. We want you to choose us.
Paid Holidays Paid Vacation Medical Insurance 401K with employer match Ongoing training and career advancement