At Sierra Pacific Industries, we understand our greatest strength is the people who choose to build a career with us.
What does it mean to be part of the Sierra Pacific family? It means you are a valued team member and part of a growing, third-generation family-owned, forest products company built on hard work, innovation, and wise investments.
With over 5,000 crew members in over 30 states, Sierra Pacific offers many opportunities for personal and professional growth; from entry-level to skilled trades, from truck drivers to sales managers, from foresters to engineers – for everyone! We invite you to learn more about our history, our over 2 million acres of forestlands, and our state-of-the-art wood product and window manufacturing facilities at www.spi-ind.com/AboutUs.
About The Position
• Tip and grind both carbide and stellite
• Bench band and round saws
• Recognize and repair defects in saws
• Work with a team focused on developing cutting edge products
• Work can be fast-paced and, at times, demanding, with occasional heavy lifting
• Work may consist of day or swing-shift, with some overtime, weekend, and holiday work during busy production times
• 2 years’ verifiable saw filing experience required
• Understanding of sawmill manufacturing operations and processes
• Ability to work in a safe and efficient manner
• All applicants must be 18 years of age or older
Why Join Our Team?
Because this is more than an invitation, it’s a commitment to offer opportunities for personal and professional growth to everyone! We ask people to grow with us and make the company even better.
We provide an excellent benefit package including a full Health Benefits Plan with low-cost premiums, a 401(k) with Company Match, additional Retirement Contributions, and company paid Life Insurance. In addition, for over 38 years, the Sierra Pacific Foundation has provided scholarships to help the children of our crew members with education expenses. Each year, the Foundation gives an average of $500,000 in scholarships.