Job Order: 17237088
Job Title: School Activity Assistant – Nord Afterschool Program
Job Time Type: Part Time (Less than 30 Hours)
Job Description: Under general direction of assigned management employee and with guidance by designated school site management and/or certificated staff, the School Activity Assistant I assists development and implementation of after school and other student learning activities and experiences, including organizing and conducting classes, tutoring, program activities and events, and monitoring of students. The School Activity Leader works variable hours, days, and weeks as employed and assigned periodically and not to exceed 195 days in a school year, irrespective of the number of hours worked per day.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES [May include, but is not limited to the following]
- Assist planning and implementation of academic, enrichment, health, and recreational extra-curricular before school, after school, weekend, and summer learning experiences for students.
- Assist tutoring of students in academic subjects, such as reading, writing, math, and other areas.
- Help After School students in academic subjects, such as reading, writing, math, and other areas.
- Work effectively with students in After School activities and assist with behavior management, discipline, interpersonal actions, and act as a role model.
- Help mentor students in a variety of learning and life experiences.
- Support environments that are safe, healthy, and conducive to student learning.
- Assist recruitment and enrollment of students into After School programs and activities.
- Promote participation of students, school staff, volunteers, and parents.
- Gather and maintain student participation, development, and achievement data for program evaluation efforts.
- Participate in staff training and professional development opportunities.
- Local and regional travel as necessary to fulfill After School grant requirements.
- Perform related duties as assigned by supervisor or classroom teacher.
EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING:
- Two years (48 completed units) college level course work preferred in recreation psychology, health, or other related fields; or Associate’s degree or higher; or Passage of a Butte County Office of Education approved comprehensive Local Assessment Test (CODESP); or Passage of another district approved Local Assessment Test.
- Experience assisting implementation of children and/or youth programs and activities.
- Experience related to K-12 educational systems and sites
Hiring Requirements: Background Checks
Minimum Salary: 14.04 Hour Maximum Salary: 20.74 Hour
Pay Comments: DOE (Depends on Experience)
Job Application Methods Accepted: Via Company Website (Address provided below)
Company Website: http://www.edjoin.org/
How to Apply: Visit: https://www.edjoin.org/Home/DistrictJobPosting/1323495 Online applications only; no paper copies will be accepted. All online applications must be accompanied by the following attachments; (incomplete applications will not be accepted):
- Cover Letter
- Three letters of recommendation required, current letters preferred
- Must possess 48 semester units from an accredited college or university; or 2) Associate’s degree or higher; or 3) CBEST (Plus passage of CODESP Instructional Component); or 4) Passage of a Butte County Office of Education approved comprehensive Local Assessment Test (CODESP); or 5) Passage of another district approved NCLB Local Assessment Test
BUTTE COUNTY OFFICE OF EDUCATION
1859 Bird Street
Oroville, CA 95965