Application deadline 10/6/23
Supervisor: Principal/Lead Custodian
Summary: Keeps the district’s facilities in such a state of operating excellence that they present no problem or
interruption to the educational program.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: Other duties may be assigned.
1. Sweeps and/or vacuums classrooms, offices, and assigned areas daily and dusts furniture.
2. Washes, scrubs, and disinfects rest rooms and cleans all fixtures and drinking fountains in assigned areas.
3. Keeps all floors, carpets, and doors in a clean and attractive condition and in a good state of preservation.
4. Waxes floors and shampoos carpets as needed.
5. Empties and cleans wastebaskets.
6. Cleans all chalkboards as assigned or requested.
7. Maintains various classroom and rest room supplies including towels, soap, tissues, etc.
8. Washes all windows on both the inside and outside at least once each month and more frequently if
9. Picks up paper and other refuse on grounds and sweeps walks and entrances in assigned areas.
10. Performs emergency repair or cleaning services as necessary.
11. Moves furniture or equipment within buildings as required for various activities and as directed by the
12. Reports safety, sanitary, and fire hazards, and major repairs needed promptly to his/her supervisor.
13. Reports immediately to the principal/lead custodian any damage to school property.
14. Keeps buildings and grounds neat and clean at all times.
15. Assumes responsibility for general building security including all doors and windows and all lights, except
those left on for safety reasons.
16. Complies with local laws and procedures for the storage and disposal of trash, rubbish, and waste.
17. Assists with necessary painting, general repairs, general mechanical areas, remodeling and renovation
during the summer and school recesses.
18. Maintains a positive and helpful attitude with adults and children and works cooperatively with fellow
employees and other staff workers.
For full job Description and how to apply: https://www.edjoin.org/Home/DistrictJobPosting/1840069
Wage range: $19.53 to $25.66Minimum Education and Experience