Under supervision of the Indian Valley Academy Site Director, to perform a variety of clerical activities; to act as receptionist both on the phone and in person; to assist with Registrar functions; and to perform other clerical work as required. Will assist with Instructional Aide relief as needed.
Duties to Include:
❖ General Office Tasks to Include:
▪ Answering telephones and serving as IVA ambassador to greet students, parents, and visitors.
▪ Schedule parent/student meetings as needed. Manage any student records maintained at IVA.
▪ Assist with Registrar functions as they relate to completion and collection of required documents from staff, students, and parents. This includes Master Agreements.
▪ Developing and revising documents using Google Suite programs.
▪ Field Trip Coordinator
o Manage trip logistics including transportation, financial arrangements, permission forms, and necessary communications and arrangements as needed. Organize the annual All School Campout.
o Assist with fundraising through money collection and submission to PCS Business Office.
▪ Maintain office supplies and process Purchase Requisitions through the Business Office. Monitor for receipt of items ordered, distribute or store products, communicate missing items or necessary returns through the Business Office.
▪ Monitor and account for use of Evergreen open account. Communicate with Business Office for account payment.
▪ Maintain accounting records for Class Specific fundraising.
▪ Maintain school calendar with updates, notices, and events. Process parent and staff notifications using School Messenger and other forms of contact as needed. Post PCS Board Agendas and employee notices.
▪ Assist in maintaining an orderly and attractive office environment
▪ Receiving and distributing incoming mail and ensuring that outgoing mail is sent in a secure and timely manner
▪ Assist with student attendance reconciliation and submissions.
▪ Oversee copiers/printers, FAX machines and report to Business Office or vendor when maintenance or repair is required.
▪ Monitor school environment and office / classroom equipment and follow up on any problems or required maintenance.
▪ Other duties as needed.
Qualifications, Experience, Skills, and Education:
❖ Experience and Education
▪ A qualified candidate will possess a combination of education, experience and training that will provide the skills outlined below. A typical way to obtain the required knowledge and skill would be: education equivalent to the completion of the twelfth grade, supplemented by training or coursework in office technology or a closely related field, and three years’ paid experience working in an office setting, preferably a school office.
▪ Knowledge of general office operations and software programs
▪ Strong organizational and time management abilities
▪ Competent with a variety of office equipment, including, but not limited to Google Suite applications, fax machine, copier, printer, and scanner.
▪ Strong written and oral communication abilities, using appropriate English, punctuation, spelling, and grammar
▪ Mastery of basic arithmetic concepts
▪ Competence in routine record management, storage and retrieval systems and procedures
▪ Ability to work independently with little or no supervision
▪ Ability and willingness to establish and maintain cheerful, friendly and cooperative working relationships, both within the school and with the public; ability to handle complaints and demands with poise and tact
▪ Ability to work effectively as a team member
IVA Site Director
❖ Persons performing service in this position exert 10 to 20 pounds of force frequently to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects. This type of work involves sitting most of the time but may involve walking or standing for brief periods.
❖ Perceiving the nature of sound, near and far visual acuity, depth perception, providing oral information, the manual dexterity to operate business related equipment and handle various materials and objects.
❖ Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable a person with a disability to perform the essential functions of the job.
Plumas Charter School, a WASC accredited California public school has a full time position open for a School Secretary in Greenville. Applicants should have experience in a public office setting, a willingness to learn, and have a minimum of three years of current related experience. Applicants should know Google Suite, Word, and Excel, be detail oriented and organized, able to work efficiently and independently. Have skills in multitasking, problem solving initiative, written and verbal communication skills, and enjoy working directly with the public and students. Applicants need a basic understanding of technology and be willing to handle a variety of tasks in the overall support of the school.
Salary range: $39K – $44K and benefits including PERS retirement.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Send resume to Taletha Washburn at firstname.lastname@example.orgMinimum Education and Experience
About Plumas Charter School
Plumas Charter School is committed to providing our rural communities with educational opportunities and flexibility that support students in reaching their individual potential. Our core values are compassion, perseverance, integrity and responsiveness.