Position: School Site Support Specialist – Classified Management
Definition: Under the supervision of the site principal, the School Site Support Specialist is responsible for the overall management and supervision of the school site, with a focus on non-instructional operations. They are responsible for the supervision and evaluation of classified staff as defined by the principal. They also maintain a positive and safe campus by enforcing school rules and policies and act as a liaison to parents, the community, and staff.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide assistance to the principal, allowing them to focus on instructional leadership at the school site.
- Assist and support teaching staff as directed by the site principal.
- Coordinate all site and district social media and ensure that the Modoc Joint Unified School District and its schools have a positive social media presence.
- Support the district’s base program by recognizing student achievements, working on student success with behavior problems, and being available for student questions and concerns.
- Respond to parents’ and/or community concerns and complaints using problem-solving techniques.
- Supervise classified staff as designated by site principals.
- Be responsible for site safety programs.
- Monitor student attendance and implement tardy improvement strategies.
- In coordination with the principal, maintain a positive, safe learning environment for students by enforcing the school discipline plan.
- Promote the district and school site through positive relations with the community, businesses, parents, and students.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Experience: In conjunction with other management and administrative staff, assist in the formulation and implementation of district policies and procedures.
- Education: High School Diploma required. A Bachelor’s degree or higher education is required.
- Office procedures and accounting and/or bookkeeping skills.
- Secretarial skills and computer skills.
- Comprehensive understanding of the operation of the district and its interrelationship with the schools and community.
- Independent decision-making and interpretation of policies and laws.
- Communicate effectively, both in writing and orally.
- Handle confidential, complex, and controversial matters.
- Supervise and evaluate others.
- Operate multiple school social media accounts on different platforms.
Must be able to speak clearly, hear normal voice conversation, stand, walk, sit, lift 50 pounds, use a computer, use a telephone, work without guidance from a supervisor, and drive a vehicle.
Supervises: Classified staff Reports to: Site Principals
Terms of Employment: 11-month year
Evaluation: Performance of this job will be evaluated in accordance with Board of Trustees policy on the Evaluation of Professional Personnel. The evaluation will be completed by the site principals.
To Apply: Please visit https://www.edjoin.org/Home/DistrictJobPosting/1792855 to apply. EOEMinimum Education and Experience