Gecko Tee Designs
632 Main St.
Red Bluff, CA 96080
Want to work with us in a creative, fast-paced environment? If you enjoy physically getting into your work, have an artistic eye for detail, value craftsmanship, pay close attention to details, and like to see tasks completed quickly, you are a great candidate to be a screen printer.
As a Screen Printer, you will be responsible for setting the screens onto the printer, mixing the correct ink colors, producing the final printed articles, and cleaning the machine after each batch, count and fold the final printed articles, and prepare packages for shipment to be sent to the customer.
To ensure success as a Screen Printer, you should exhibit a collaborative attitude, be able to stand for long hours, be comfortable with manual labor including stretching and lifting, have excellent hand-eye coordination, identify subtle color differences, and be flexible to work late if a large order needs to be completed. Ultimately, a top-level Screen Printer will create beautifully printed articles on time that fully meet the customer’s specifications.
Must be able to perform all duties that pertain to decorating apparel. Must be able to receive goods, count, and get apparel ready for decoration. Must be willing to clean screens, operate machines, and computer systems. Experience with Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, or Corel Draw is a plus. Hours are Monday – Friday from 8:30 – 5:00, No Weekends!
WORK DUTIES INCLUDE:
- Experience in screen printing is a plus but not necessary.
- Experience operating both automatic and manual screen-printing presses is a plus.
- Dependable, reliable, and honest, have a good attitude and show up ready to work every day.
- Drug and alcohol free.
- Be comfortable with a fast-paced environment.
- Handle and meet highly important deadlines.
- Be able to work both in a team and on your own.
- Know simple math, understand weights and measurements. Read a ruler.
- Know basic screen-printing principles.
- Be familiar with screen-printing equipment.
- Ability to work with ink and chemicals every day.
- Must coat, burn, tape, and reclaim screens daily.
- Tape and prepare screens for production.
- Mix inks as needed.
- Verify accuracy of graphics and design files prior to production.
- Layout apparel to be printed and confirm quantities, styles, sizes, colors with work order.
- Check Supplies such as inks, glue, tape, test samples, rags, cleaning supplies, and other items used in production and shipping. Notify staff when getting low.
- Receive deliveries, bring deliveries inside. Sort inventory by job and work order specifications.
- Understanding of importance of the print order, screen meshes, and ink types to produce optimal print quality.
- Able to follow directions, both oral and written, and complete jobs according to work order specifications.
- Excellent hand-eye coordination. You will be working around automated machinery.
- Ability to quickly and accurately set up, print and take down a large multitude of jobs per day. Quick and accurate set up and take down is VITAL for this role. Break down of the press will include removing inks, screens, squeegees, flood bars and cleaning the press and floor of ink or glue.
- Catch and count apparel at end or dryer, provide QC, count and stack as required by work order. Fold and pack garments and prepare for shipment.
- Daily cleaning of workstation and other areas as assigned
- Stock supplies: Ink, Rags, Tape, Paper Towels, Soap, Toilet Paper, and other consumable items.
- Able to load and unload shirts straight and accurately. This is a repetitive process.
- Be able to work on your feet all day.
- Perform daily preventive maintenance tasks on printers and equipment to assure peak performance.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Be creative!
- Required to stoop, kneel, or crouch.
- Required to stand for long periods of time.
- Required to work in Hot and Cold environments.
- Must be able to regularly lift and/or move 35 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move 50 pounds.
- Vision abilities include close vision, distance, color, peripheral vision. Must be able to see and recognize colors accurately.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts, fumes, chemicals, and heat. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
- Ability to manually operate large machinery.
- Able to quickly and accurately set up, print and take down a large multitude of jobs per day. Quick and accurate set up and take is VITAL for this role.
- Knowledge of how to coat, burn, tape, and reclaim screens
- Able to load shirts straight and accurately
- Strong attention to detail – Did I mention that already? 😊
Apply in person, call, or email. We can be reached at:
632 Main St.
Red Bluff, CA 96080
We look forward to hearing from you soon.Minimum Education and Experience