Modoc Medical Center is accepting applications for an extra Screener for the Acute Hospital. Under the direction of
the Nursing Supervisor, the Screener is directly responsible to screen for symptoms of COVID-19 and collect data.
This position provides courteous customer service in screening for possible infection of COVID-19, preventing spread
within our facilities. Utilizes individual questionnaires and temperature checks and operates within the protocols
established for screening of COVID-19 as recommended by the Center for Disease Control (CDC).
Applicant must be detail oriented and demonstrate competency in the following areas:
– Provides patients, visitors, and staff with required PPE if necessary and explains the requirement for
donning a mask.
– Utilizes the required screening tools and follows screening procedures for COVID-19.
– Asks applicable screen questions.
– Checks the temperatures of incoming patients, visitors, and staff.
– Follows hospital guidelines.
– Provides patient with any necessary literature and contact information as needed.
– Follows proper procedures for sanitization of PPE and other equipment used over the course of their shift.
– Document findings and results of the medical screenings on the screening logs.
Qualifications & Job Requirements (but not limited to):
– High school diploma or equivalent.
– Excellent customer service skills.
– Two years of experience in a healthcare preferred.
– Active BLS certification.
– Must be able to read, write, speak and understand the English language.
– Requires ability to answer patient and staff questions courteously by phone and in person, and always maintain strict
– Must maintain confidentiality relating to MMC personnel, and patient information that could result in proprietary
damage to MMC.
– Schedules may vary and include days, weekends, and holidays.
Please email resume to Alliance for Workforce Development, Inc. at firstname.lastname@example.org. For questions, please call 530-233-4161.
Modoc Medical Center is an EOEMinimum Education and Experience