Modoc Medical Center is accepting applications for a Scrub Technician in the Alturas, CA Nursing/Surgery Department. The Scrub Technician works in conjunction with other operation room personnel to provide optimum care of the patient while in surgery. This is a position that varies according to the surgery schedule.
Wage Rate: $20.50 to $30.10 | Certificated $25.50 to $37.45 (Dependent on Experience)
Duties include (but not limited to):
- Anticipating the needs of the surgeon and having thorough knowledge of surgical techniques, procedures and hospital standards.
- Understanding proper positioning, preparation and draping of the patient.
- Checking schedules for time, type of operation, anesthesia and surgeon
- Checking instruments to be used
- Being systematic, accurate and conscientious in maintaining aseptic surgical technique
- Providing sterilized instruments to surgeon
- Removing all contaminated instruments from the operative field
- Checking sponge, instrument and needle count with circulating nurse
- Removing soiled instruments, linens and basins to cleaning area
- Leaving operating room ready for use
- Wearing appropriate scrub suit/OR apparel
- High school diploma or equivalency exam
- Completed a course for Scrub Technician training preferable
- 3 Years previous working experience in Surgery required
- Above-average mental ability, good physical/mental health
- Able to communicate in English, both verbally and in writing
- Is dependable, organized, reliable and have good attendance
Apply on-line at www.modocmedicalcenter.org
Modoc Medical Center is an EOE.Minimum Education and Experience