Modoc Medical Center is accepting applications for a Scrub Technician in the Alturas, CA Nursing/Surgery
Department. The Scrub Technician works in conjunction with other operation room personnel to provide
optimum care of the patient while in surgery. This is a position that varies according to the surgery schedule.
Duties include (but not limited to):
• Anticipating the needs of the surgeon and having thorough knowledge of surgical techniques,
procedures and hospital standards.
• Understanding proper positioning, preparation and draping of the patient.
• Checking schedules for time, type of operation, anesthesia and surgeon.
• Checking instruments to be used.
• Being systematic, accurate and conscientious in maintaining aseptic surgical technique.
• Providing sterilized instruments to surgeon.
• Removing all contaminated instruments from the operative field.
• Checking sponge, instrument and needle count with circulating nurse.
• Removing soiled instruments, linens and basins to cleaning area.
• Leaving operating room ready for use.
• Wearing appropriate scrub suit/OR apparel.
• High school diploma or equivalency exam
• Completed a course for Scrub Technician training preferable
• 3 Years previous working experience in Surgery required
• Above-average mental ability, good physical/mental health
• Able to communicate in English, both verbally and in writing
• Is dependable, organized, reliable and have good attendance
Please email resume to Alliance for Workforce Development, Inc. at firstname.lastname@example.org. For questions, please call 530-233-4161.
EOEMinimum Education and Experience