Job Order: N/A
Print Date: 03/08/2021 Expires: 05/07/2021
Job Title: Seasonal Forestry Technicians
Job Time Type: Part Time (Less Than 30 Hours)
We are seeking applications for seasonal forestry technicians based in Grass Valley, CA for the 2021 field season. Please forward the attached job announcement to anyone that you may think would be qualified and interested! Applicants should visit our Careers page (www.frstcorp.com/careers) to apply. Feel free to reach out with any questions.
FRST Corp is accepting applications for multiple temporary forestry technicians for the 2021 field season. FRST is a forestry consulting firm located in Grass Valley, CA whose experienced professionals provide clients with advanced forest and vegetation management solutions through the application of innovative technology and science. We are committed to high-quality professional service and client care, the conservation and wise use of natural resources, and strong business and land ethics. Join our team of dynamic forest resource professionals and build your career in forest management!
Seasonal Forestry Technician: Successful applicants will work in a crew setting under the supervision of staff foresters and RPFs to complete timber sale and fuels reduction project preparation, forest inventories, and other aspects of forest management and planning. The position will be based in Grass Valley, CA, however extended travel, including camping, may be required.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Timber sale and fuels reduction project layout including timber marking and flagging operational boundaries, Watercourse and Lake Protection Zones, and other protection/retention zones
- Forest inventory and cruising, possibly including forest carbon inventories
- Uses a smart phone or tablet to record inventory and spatial data in ESRI Collector and other applications
- Assists staff RPFs and other professionals with other project work as needed
- Performs all tasks in accordance with company safety policies. Uses company equipment safely and respectfully
- Applies self-motivation, initiative, excellent organizational skills, exercises situational discernment, and maintains a positive attitude
- Must be committed to maintaining the confidentiality of all of employer (FRST), client, and project data and information
- Strictly follows company safety and equipment use policies, including FRST’s Covid-19 Prevention Plan
- Enrolled in a forestry or closely related degree program; or commensurate work experience
- Ability to identify northern California tree species
- Valid California driver’s license and clear driving record
- Ability to work safely, efficiently, and respectfully with others and alone in steep, rugged terrain under adverse weather conditions
- Ability to navigate terrain with GPS or map and compass
- Working knowledge of California Forest Practice Rules
- Bachelor or Associate Degree in Forestry or other closely related field
- Knowledge of silvicultural prescriptions and forest management regimes
- Experience preparing timber sales, including flagging Watercourse and Lake Protection Zones, Equipment Limitation Zones, unit boundaries, etc.
- Knowledge of use of basic forestry tools and timber inventory methods
- Experience conducting timber or other natural resource inventories
- Working knowledge of GPS data collection processes
- This position spends extended periods of time working outdoors with travel and camping
- The position occasionally requires working and/or traveling on weekends
- Operates four-wheel drive vehicles and ATVs in a safe manner on steep forest roads and in accordance with company policy
- Works safely, effectively, and respectfully with others and alone
FRST offers competitive compensation based on qualifications and experience.
Hiring Requirements: Drug Testing/Screening, Reference Checks, Background Checks, Motor Vehicle Checks
Education Level: Associate’s Degree
Requires a Drivers’ License: Yes
Minimum Salary: 18.00 Hour
Maximum Salary: 22.00 Hour
To Apply: Interested applicants must submit a cover letter, resume, and application for the job as posted on our career webpage at www.frstcorp.com/careers. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, and the position will remain open until filled.
Job Application Methods Accepted: Via online website: www.frstcorp.com/careers
FRST Corp dba/ Forest Resource Solutions and Technologies
563 Brunswick Road, Suite 8
Grass Valley, CA 95945
Contact: Andrea Eggleton
Phone: (530) 615-4067Drug Testing/Screening, Reference Checks, Background Checks, Motor Vehicle ChecksMinimum Education and Experience