COMMUNITY EMPLOYMENT SERVICES
Position: Seasonal Rest Area Attendant
(Red Bluff / Corning)
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
- Provides janitorial and grounds maintenance services to the California Department of Transportation (Caltrans). Provides a neat and clean rest area facility for the public/traveler’s, performing all contract requirements.
- Sunday-Saturday shifts, and Holidays: 3:30pm-7:30pm (May-Sept.)
- Works under the supervision of the CES Director
- Responsible to report and document any suspicious activity, needs and concerns.
- High School education or equivalent.
- Current California driver’s license, with an acceptable DMV printout and insurability
- Minimum of a 3-year driving history.
- Ability to pass a DOJ criminal background check.
- Ability to call, text and/or e-mail.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Works with minimal supervision and exercises independent judgment.
- Demonstrates and maintains a positive and professional attitude and demeanor.
- Follows safety procedures, policies, and guideline of NVS.
- Public safety and convenience are to be always considered.
- Reports all incidents of vandalism, theft, accidents, and extended stay vehicles etc. (see emergency call out list)
- Ensures that employer expectations and quality standards are met.
- Checks rest rooms at least once every two (2) hours for cleanliness and operational effectiveness, adding supplies, as necessary.
- Keeps the storage area clean, neat, and secure.
- Removes all trash, paper, and other debris from grounds and parking lots.
- Keeps all walkways and necessary pathways clean and free of debris.
- Uses hand and power tools and performs required maintenance.
- Reports any necessary repairs.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Must be able to perform the physical requirements of the job, (bending, pushing, lifting, and stooping).
- Ability to tolerate all weather conditions (heat, cold) when working outdoors.
- Ability to be on your feet for long periods of time.
- Ability to reach overhead.
- Ability to lift to 50 pounds.
STANDARDS FOR MEASURING PERFORMANCE:
- Must be self-motivated and trustworthy.
- Effectively maintains a neat and clean rest area facility.
- Must be effective in handling problems, including anticipating, preventing, identifying, and solving problems, as necessary.
- Effectiveness of daily operations, communication and cooperating with others.
- Presents and maintains a positive image.
- Email North Valley Services at Stacia.Phillips@NorthValleyServices.org or apply in person at 11799 HWY 99W, Red Bluff, CA 96080