Red Bluff Cemetery District is a special district of the State of California.
Days/Hours: Part-time, 8:00am – 5:00pm / Monday – Thursday
Job runs from 4/1/21 through 10/31/21
Under supervision; to perform routine maintenance of cemetery lawns, landscaped areas, buildings and equipment; perform other burial tasks and to perform related duties as assigned.
Seasonal Worker is a single level classification expected to perform the full range of duties as assigned. Employees receive only occasional instruction or assistance as new or unusual situations arise, and are fully aware of the operating procedures and policies of the work unit.
• A high school diploma or GED equivalent.
OTHER REQUIREMENTS DESIRED
• Possess a valid California driver’s license and have a satisfactory driving record.
• May be required to pass a physical including a drug screening test.
• Pass a background check.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES – Duties may include, but are limited to, the following:
• Performs or assists with the maintenance and repair of equipment, water lines, sprinkler systems, fences, buildings and building systems; assists with the installation of irrigation systems as required.
• Sets forms for concrete curbs and grave markers, and performs finish work.
• Performs welding and fabrication work as necessary.
• Performs general grounds keeping duties, including but not limited to mowing lawns; watering lawns and plants; trimming around grave markers; cultivating soil and installing landscape materials; removing dead or diseased shrubbery or trees; trimming around curbs and sidewalks; picking up and removing trash and debris; removing dead flowers from grave sites; raking; clearing/sweeping paved surfaces; removing weeds as needed.
• Loads/unloads and hauls materials, equipment, soil, debris and other materials to and from work sites.
• Performs custodial tasks in the maintenance of restrooms and shop areas.
• Performs preventive maintenance and minor repair work on vehicles, heavy and light equipment and power tools.
• Operates a vehicle, dump truck, sweepers, power vacuum, welding equipment, grinder, lawn mowers, hedge trimmers, leaf blowers, string trimmers, power saws, sprayers, etc.; uses various other hand and power tools.
• Prepares and submits accurate work records as required.
• Receives and responds promptly to inquiries, requests and complaints in areas of responsibility.
• Attends training, meetings, etc., as required to enhance job knowledge and skills.
• Basic methods, equipment and tools used in cemetery/facilities/grounds maintenance and repair and equipment maintenance and repair.
• The safe operation and maintenance of heavy equipment and machinery.
• Safe work practices.
• Basic mathematics.
• Learn, interpret and apply pertinent laws, rules and regulations, and District policies and procedures.
• Operate a variety of vehicles, equipment and tools in a safe and effective manner.
• Perform heavy manual labor.
• Clean and care for assigned areas and equipment.
• Perform work safely following all rules and regulations.
• Understand and follow oral and written instructions.
• Establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
• Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
• Perform required mathematical computations with accuracy.
To Apply: Email resume to Leland Owens at: firstname.lastname@example.org or apply in person at 600 Cemetery Lane, Red Bluff.
The Job Training Center is an equal opportunity employer/program. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities. Date: 3/16/21 ch A proud partner of America’s Job Center of CaliforniaSM network.Minimum Education and Experience