The Principal Secretary provides general and administrative support for the Agricultural Commissioner’s Office with technical, and administrative detail; performs complex and highly responsible office support work requiring independence, initiative, and discretion; interprets policy and administrative regulations in the department. This position is scheduled for forty (40) hours per week.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
The ideal candidate will be able to work independently in performing assignments and in resolving problems and deviations. This person will be able to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
• Screens incoming correspondence routed to the director, refers for reply to appropriate staff member, and follows up to ensure that deadlines are met.
• Arranges correspondence for Director’s personal reply in order of priority with, appropriate background material attached for reference.
• Composes correspondence independently or in accordance with general instructions, requiring a thorough knowledge of the procedures and policies of the office.
• Reviews outgoing correspondence prepared by other staff members for Director’s signature, checking for consistency with administrative policy as well as for format, grammatical construction, and clerical error.
• Gathers and summarizes data.
• Screens a variety of visitors and telephone calls, refers to other staff members or personally gives out authoritative information on established departmental programs and policies.
• Arranges meetings for Director, prepares agendas, and makes adjustments as necessary in scheduled meeting times.
One (1) year of full-time experience as a Senior Secretary; OR Two (2) years of full-time experience as a Secretary OR Four (4) years of full-time experience performing significant and progressive responsible office clerical duties, which has included some lead-work responsibilities and secretarial tasks or relief of some administrative detail.
Equivalent to the completion of the twelfth grade, supplemented by specialized clerical, secretarial or legal
DEADLINE TO APPLY
Friday. March 24th, 2023
$19.59 – $23.82 Per Hour
Salary depends on experience and qualifications. Plus an excellent benefits package.
IMPORTANT APPLICATION INFORMATION
To apply for this job opportunity, submit a completed County of Glenn employment application packet online at calopps.org or to the Personnel Department: 525 W. Sycamore Street, Willows, CA 95988 by
5:00 P.M., Friday. March 3rd, 2023.
This recruitment may be used to establish a list to fill future vacancies for the next six (6) months.
Application packets must include the following
• A Glenn County Employment Application • Résumé
• Transcripts and/or Certificates • Cover Letter