Part-Time, 8 – 16 hours/week
Shifts Vary, Day/Night
Wage: $22/hr DOE
St. Elizabeth Community Hospital provides state-of-the-art health care to the North State communities. This award-winning facility is a member of the Dignity Health system of health care providers and is a not-for-profit medical center.
The Security Officer is expected to provide a reasonably safe and secure environment for all who enter Dignity Health properties and to assure the physical security of buildings and grounds. It is expected that the security officer will demonstrate behavior consistent with Dignity Health core value and humankindness. The security officer shall support Dignity Health’s strategic plan and the goals and direction of the quality improvement/process improvement activities. Responsibilities include:
- Protecting staff, patients, and visitors by responding to calls for assistance in a timely and prudent manner such as violent or unruly patients, visitors, crimes committed or in progress, opening doors, and responding to emergency codes.
- Patrol the facility and grounds by foot or vehicle; monitor security alarms and dispatch officers promptly to location(s) where needed, and report unsafe acts or conditions.
- Knowledge of emergency procedures, equipment, supplies, reports HIPPA breaches if witnessed; investigate security breaches, conduct follow-up investigations, and write incident reports.
- Log all activities in a daily log to accurately record events; and (2) complete clear, concise, and legible reports in a timely manner; use appropriate emergency and radio codes in dispatching security officers while knowing hospital campus to ensure that those dispatched are to right location.
- Six (6) months experience as a security officer in a hospital or healthcare setting, prior law enforcement or military service; or one (1) year experience as a security officer.
- High school diploma or equivalent; or three (3) years’ experience as a security officer.
- Current driver’s license issued by the state wherein the position is posted with satisfactory DMV report on file or the ability to obtain one within 30 days of hire; (2) current state issued security officer license, showing no disciplinary actions; (3) workplace violence training annually.
- Must be able to speak English, communicate clearly orally, and in writing; understand and use de-escalation techniques.
- American Heart Association CPR/BLS Certification within 90 days of hire
- International Association of Healthcare Security and Safety (IAHSS) Basic Training for Healthcare Security Officer within 90 days
Deadline to Apply: 4/20/21
To Apply: Go to www.dignityhealth.org/careers
Job Training Center is an equal opportunity employer/program. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities. 7-1-1 CRS for TTY Users. Date: 4/6/21 sd
A proud partner of America’s Job Center of CaliforniaSM network.