The Senior Accountant is responsible for analysis, account balances and month-end close procedures. The position will be responsible for the maintenance of accurate financial information for the general ledger and financial statements and related audit preparation. This position will be involved in both routine accounting tasks as well as special projects as needed.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Process Exempt Semi-Monthly payroll
- Reconcile Payroll related Balance Sheet Accounts
- General Payroll duties as needed
Reporting and Reconciliation:
- Produce error-free monthly accounting reports and present their results.
- Analyze financial information and summarize financial status. Identify errors and suggest ways to improve efficiency and reduce costs.
- Reconcile general ledger control accounts to subsidiary ledgers. Reconcile various generate ledger account balances to ensure accuracy. Analyze account activity and make necessary monthly adjustments for Prepaid, Deposit and Accrual accounts.
- Perform monthly analysis of balance sheet accounts as assigned. Assist in compiling monthly financial statements from general and subsidiary accounting records and communicate with management on results of operations.
- Provide backup support for the Controller.
- Assist in the development of annual operating and capital budgets.
- Maintain Fixed Assets Software and prepare the monthly activity and depreciation journal entries.
- Other areas to include inventory reporting, revenue recognition, quarterly reports, etc.
- Assist with annual Audit preparation and work with the auditors while on site.
- Perform other duties and projects as requested by the Controller and CFO to support the general success of the Finance Department.
- Attend Department/Center-wide meetings as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Thorough knowledge of basic accounting procedures.
- In-depth understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Advanced use of Excel, Microsoft Office and General Ledger Accounting system
- Must be able to work with all levels of management.
- Demonstrate skill in communicating effectively both orally and in writing.
- Ability to work without direct supervision.
- 1-2 years of payroll experience
- Ability to work flexible schedule.
- Strong organizational skills.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor degree in Accounting or Business Administration or related field.
- Five plus years of experience in finance/accounting.
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year-end close process.