Golden Valley Bank is currently seeking a detail oriented Senior Accounting Analyst candidate who has a strong understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and the ability to research and resolve complex issues and transactions, accurately and timely. Our top candidate is motivated by knowing their everyday efforts of providing Absolutely Outstanding Customer Service (AOCS) helps us achieve our strategic initiative of being the Best Bank in Town.
The Senior Accounting Analyst reports directly to the Controller, must be organized, detailed and demonstrate an ability to work well independently and in a collaborative environment. The ideal candidate would be a professional possessing at least three (3) years of accounting experience (financial institution preferred).
- Ensure compliance with federal, state and local legal requirements by studying new and existing regulations and practices and advising management on internal controls, policies and procedures.
- Develops and maintains a variety of financial reports, including schedules and support for audits, regulatory exams and year-end financial statements.
- Prepare and advise Bank staff on accounting entries, ensuring security and accuracy of accounting and financial transactions.
- Perform or approve, as appropriate, account reconciliations and certifications.
- Monitor general ledger accounts daily, including wire-related, correspondent bank, accounts payable, accruals, prepaids, investments and other general ledger accounts. Investigate and problem solve any unusual activity.
- Assist in the preparation of quarterly Call Reports submitted to the FFIEC.
- Bookkeeping for the Golden Valley Bank Community Foundation.
- Wire transactions processing and record keeping.
Possess the following qualities:
- Strong ability to maintain cordial and professional relationships with customers and co-workers.
- Active listening skills, with strong deductive reasoning ability.
- Willingness to adapt to quickly changing business needs and deadlines.
- Ability to study and apply new information.
- Professional integrity with the ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information.
Additional information regarding this position is available upon request, including a Job Description and details of our excellent benefits programs.
If you value your community, providing Absolutely Outstanding Customer Service, the opportunity for professional growth, and believe you possess the commitment, personality, and skills to become part of the Best Bank in Town, we would like to have you apply today!
Starting Wage Range: $45k – $70k annually
To apply: Please send your resume and cover letter in PDF or MS Word format to email@example.com. Include “Golden Valley Accounting” in the subject line.Minimum Education and Experience