Job Title: Senior Civil Engineer
Job Time Type: Full Time (30 Hours or More)
Job Description: Under limited direction, to perform responsible and difficult engineering work in the design, investigation and construction of public works and facilities; to supervise and direct the work of professional and support engineering personnel; to schedule and coordinate work assignments and processes; to perform related work as required.
- Schedule, supervise and perform professional engineering work in the design and construction of street, storm drain, sewer line, drainage and transportation facilities; *
- Perform complex calculations and perform estimates of time and material costs; *
- Assign routine investigation, design and drafting tasks to technical subordinates and review completed work; *
- Develop revised design and construction standards for public works structures and appurtenances as required; *
- Investigate field problems affecting property owners, contractors, and maintenance operations; *
- Prepare estimates and feasibility reports; *
- Coordinate and participate in the review and processing of plans for private developments affecting streets, sewers, drains and related public works facilities and ensure that they meet all City imposed requirements; *
- Research project design requirements; *
- Prepare and revise plans and specifications for traffic related projects; *
- Prepare special studies and reports and coordinate major traffic and transportation projects; *
- Responsible for the budgeting process for capital projects and the administration of said projects; *
- Coordinate public works activities with other City departments, divisions and sections and with outside agencies; *
- Supervise, train and evaluate technical subordinates; *
- Make code revisions as required; *
- Research publications and industrial information sources;
- Originates most projects;
- Perform related assignments as necessary.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Knowledge of: Principles and practices of engineering as applied to municipal public works or traffic; methods, materials and techniques used in the construction of public works projects; techniques for preparing designs, plans, specifications, estimates and reports relating to public works engineering; principles and practices of personnel motivation, performance evaluation and discipline.
Ability to: Make complex engineering computations and schedule, review and supervise the preparation of engineering plans and studies; communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing; use and care for engineering and drafting instruments and equipment; perform work with a minimum of supervision; supervise, train and evaluate the performance of subordinate personnel.
Experience: Three years of experience performing duties similar to the Associate Civil Engineer with the City of Chico including some supervisory experience.
Education: Equivalent to a Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in civil engineering supplemented by California registration as a Professional Engineer.
Education Level: Bachelor’s Degree
Additional Requirement: Possession of a valid California Driver License.
Minimum Salary: 41.93 Hour Maximum Salary: 57.82 Hour
Pay Comments: DOE (Depends on Experience)
Job Application Methods Accepted: Via Company Website (Address provided below)
How to Apply: For a full description and to apply visit: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/chico
Company Website: https://chico.ca.us/
CITY OF CHICO
411 Main Street
Chico, CA 95928
Close Date: 3/3/2021Minimum Education and Experience