Job Title: Senior Tax Associate
Job Time Type: Full Time (30 Hours or More)
- Prepare tax returns for individuals and businesses
- Prepare and examine accounting records, financial statements, and other financial reports
- Perform audits of local government and nonprofit organizations
- Responding to information requests from clients
- Assist with other tax/accounting/audit projects as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field required
- 3+ years of related experience
- Previous experience in a public accounting firm preferred
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Payroll knowledge related to processes, systems, and schedules
- Fundamental knowledge of GAAP
- Strong computer skills
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook), and QuickBooks
- Experience using tax software to prepare returns
- Detail and deadline-oriented
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Career-oriented professional committed to public accounting
- Applicants must have strong computer and typing skills.
- Admin experience working for a CPA is preferred.
- Administrative support to Partner and Tax Staff to include but not limited to client communications, scheduling, mail handling, meeting coordination, calendar maintenance, tax return processing and filing, special projects, and billing support.
- Experience in using tax software, Intuit QuickBooks, and Practice CS is preferred.
- Strong organizational skills; multi-tasking, attention to detail, excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Windows programs: Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Prior tax processing experience working in a professional environment.
- Overtime required during peak season.
Education Level: Bachelor’s Degree
Minimum Salary: $32.00 Hour Maximum Salary: $39.00 Hour
Pay Comments: DOE (Depends on Experience)
Benefits: Dental Insurance, Health Insurance, Flexible Schedule, Paid Time Off, Retirement Plan
Job Application Methods Accepted: Via Email
How to Apply: Email resume in MS Word or PDF format to email@example.com. Include “Senior Tax Associate” as the subject.
Mathews, Hutton & Warren, CPAs
Chico, CA 95928Intuit QuickBooks, and Practice CSMinimum Education and Experience