Triple ‘R’ Gas
Red Bluff, CA
Hours: 40 hours per week, Monday – Friday, with some over time and weekends
Wage: $17.00 – $21.00 per hour DOE
Benefits: Medical, Retirement, and Paid Vacation
Job Description: Professionally represents the company in the field with primary responsibility to serve the customer by setting safe and secure tanks at customer sites. This would include running pipe, converting appliances to propane, or other services as appropriate to set up the system.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Set LPG tanks in a safe manner in compliance with Title 8, NFPA 58, and any other local codes that must be adhered to.
- Hook up LPG tanks, perform Gas Checks and leave customer’s premise in safe operating order.
- Run gas pipe installations in accordance with local codes.
- May occasionally perform the duties of Propane Bobtail Driver or Service Technician II and as a result will need to meet the job qualifications of those positions as well.
- Reconciles cash from the day’s receipts and prepares the batch for the Office Manager or Manager to sign off.
- Minor vehicle maintenance such as installing bulbs in marker lights, checking and adding fluids, etc.
- Drivers shall accurately complete and maintain all records and paperwork as required by Company policy and by the Manager.
- Service Technician I shall at all times observe all safety policies and regulations as required by the Company and by law and shall never make an unsafe installation.
- Service Technician I shall at all times maintain a neat and presentable appearance and shall treat all customers with courtesy and respect.
- Shall become job certified under Triple “R” Gas Injury and Illness Prevention Program (IPP) before performing job independently.
- Perform other activities as assigned by the Manager during off seasons such as paint tanks, read meters and other similar duties.
- Shall become proficient in company customer service philosophy and insure all job activities are performed accordingly.
- Ability to sell propane and parts to prospective and existing customers.
- Ability read and bill out work orders in a timely manner upon completion of job.
- Keep company truck clean, organized, filled with gas, water, oil, brake fluid etc.
- Drive and work in all types of weather conditions. Install chains on truck as needed.
- When on call, must be available 24 hours a day.
Education: High School or General Education Degree (GED)
Experience and Skill Set:
- Commercial Class A or B driver’s license with Hazardous Material, Tank Vehicle Endorsements and Air Brake Certification required.
- Clean DMV record.
- Prefer prior LPG delivery experience.
- Strong organizational, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Mechanical ability required.
- Able to work and drive in adverse weather conditions.
- Able to use basic mathematical skills.
- Able to keep accurate and complete records.
- Some sales ability desirable.
- Must be detail-oriented.
- Must be or become familiar with Title 8 and NFPA 58.
To Apply: Submit a resume to a JTC Staff person.
The Job Training Center is an equal opportunity employer/program. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities. 7-1-1 CRS for TTY Users. 4/19/21 sd A proud partner of America’s Job Center of CaliforniaSM network.Minimum Education and Experience