Title: Enrollment Coordinator
Job #: ER-2111-01
Employment Details: Full-time, Regular, Non-Exempt
40 hours/week, 52 weeks/year
Wage: $18.78 – $19.96 (DOEd.)
Shasta Head Start
Founded in 1965, Shasta Head Start is dedicated to providing comprehensive early childhood education, health, nutrition, disabilities, and mental health services to low-income children and families. Shasta Head Start’s 285 staff serve nearly 900 children and families in Shasta, Siskiyou, and Trinity counties.
We are committed to best practices in child development, education, and family advocacy through the delivery of comprehensive program services in a timely and consistent manner. We strive to empower individuals and families to achieve their maximum potential in an environment which respects their value and dignity.
We are currently looking for an Enrollment Coordinator with a proven track record of fiscal and/or clerical experience. If you enjoy building relationships, hard work and innovation, providing excellence, and want to have fun with your fellow employees, you may be who we are looking for.
Under the direct supervision of the ERSEA Manager, the Enrollment Coordinator will oversee eligibility and enrollment of families and assure implementation of policies and procedures to maintain integrity of state and federal enrollment.
· Three or more years of fiscal and/or clerical experience in a position of comparable responsibility, including developing policies and procedures and providing group trainings. (Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance, or related field desired)
· Training and Experience: Three or more years of fiscal and/or clerical experience in a position of comparable responsibility, including developing policies and procedures and providing group trainings desired
· Ability to read, analyze, and interpret periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, and government regulations in fields relevant to position
· Ability to write technical reports, business correspondence, and procedures manuals
· Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, regulatory agencies, employers, community groups, families, staff, and the general public
· Ability to use basic math skills to compute rate, ratio, and percentages
· Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists
· Knowledge of various software programs such as MS Word, Excel, Power-Point, and Publisher
· Ability to travel throughout the Shasta Head Start catchment area as needed
· Pre-employment requirements:
o Valid California Driver License and clean DMV record
o Criminal background check required
o Pre-Employment Strength Assessment
o Pre-Employment drug test
o Pre-Employment TB test
o Up to date record of pertussis, measles, and influenza vaccines
· Coordination of program eligibility and enrollment according to agency, State and Federal regulations, policies, and procedures.
· Ability to read and interpret financial and wage documents such as pay stubs, W-2’s, 1040’s, etc.
· Maintain record keeping and reporting systems in compliance with agency, State and Federal regulations, policies, and procedures.
· Effective communication with parents, staff, and consultants to enhance program services and maintain eligibility and enrollment requirements.
· Able to work efficiently with remote technology and processes.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. The employee must be able to occasionally lift 20 pounds overhead and 40 pounds from waist to shoulder. The employee frequently lifts and/or moves up to 40 pounds, and occasionally lifts 50 pounds from floor to waist. The employee must be able to push/pull up to 75 pounds horizontally. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distant vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Shasta Head Start offers a comprehensive benefits package including:
· Employer paid medical, dental, and vision insurance
· Paid Time Off (PTO)
· 15 paid holidays per year
· 401(k) to eligible employees after one year
· Employee referral bonus program
· Covid-19 quarterly employment bonus
· Extensive training opportunities
Please visit our website, www.shastaheadstart.org, to review the job description, view other open positions, and to apply for this position. Unofficial Transcripts and/or proof of degree required. To complete your application please submit transcripts or proof of degree via fax to (530) 243-8601 or mail to 375 Lake Blvd., Suite #100 Redding, CA 96003.
Shasta Head Start is an Equal Opportunity EmployerMinimum Education and Experience