Title: Human Resource Clerk – Temporary
Job #: HR-2101-01
Post Date: 1/25/2021
First Review Date: 2/1/2021
Employment Details: Part-time, Regular, Non-Exempt
20 hours/week, 52 weeks/year
Wage: $15.47 – $16.57 (DOEd.)
Shasta Head Start
Founded in 1965, Shasta Head Start is dedicated to providing comprehensive early childhood education, health, nutrition, disabilities, and mental health services to low-income children and families. Shasta Head Start’s 285 staff serve nearly 900 children and families in Shasta, Siskiyou, and Trinity counties.
We are committed to best practices in child development, education, and family advocacy through the delivery of comprehensive program services in a timely and consistent manner. We strive to empower individuals and families to achieve their maximum potential in an environment which respects their value and dignity.
We are currently looking for a Human Resource Clerk with a proven track record of clerical experience in a human resource capacity. If you enjoy hard work and innovation, building positive relationships, and providing quality services to employees, you may be who we are looking for.
Under the direct supervision of the Human Resource Manager, the Human Resource Clerk will provide administrative support to the human resource department.
· High School Diploma or GED. Equivalent combination of education and related experience of at least two years
(AA Degree in in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field. Three or more years related experience preferred)
· Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedures manuals
· Ability to understand written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents
· High level of integrity and confidentiality required
· Ability to effectively communicate with groups of managers, employees, regulatory agencies, employers, community groups, families, and the general public
· Ability to use logic and reasoning to identify strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions, or approaches to problems
· Knowledge of various software programs such as MS Word, Outlook, Excel, Power-Point, and Publisher. Experience with Human Resource Information Systems preferred
· Strong customer service skills
o Valid California Driver License and clean DMV record
o Criminal background check required
o Pre-Employment Strength Assessment
o Pre-Employment drug test
o Pre-Employment TB test
o Up to date records of pertussis, measles, and influenza vaccines
· Assists and performs a variety of clerical duties as directed by the Human Resource Manager
· Assist in the collection, maintenance, and organization of employee personnel file documentation including staffing, recruitment, training education, and performance evaluations
· Maintain Human Resource Information System records and compiles reports from database as needed
· Perform recruitment functions including running classified ads, screening applicants, scheduling interviews, organizing and participating on interview panels, checking references, candidate correspondence, and employee onboarding
· Creates and assists in creating memos, correspondence, announcements, and reports as directed
· Coordinate with California Community Care Licensing to ensure clearance of newly hired employees, maintain rosters, and create employee licensing files
· Ensure recruiting expenses submitted in a timely manner according to Shasta Head Start accounting and allocation standards
· Performs other related duties as assigned
The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. The employee must be able to occasionally lift 20 pounds overhead and 40 pounds from waist to shoulder. The employee frequently lifts and/or moves up to 40 pounds, and occasionally lifts 50 pounds from floor to waist. The employee must be able to push/pull up to 75 pounds horizontally. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distant vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Shasta Head Start offers a comprehensive benefits package including:
· Employer paid medical, dental, and vision insurance
· Paid Time Off (PTO)
· 15 paid holidays per year
· 401(k) to eligible employees after one year
· Extensive training opportunities
Please visit our website, www.shastaheadstart.org, to review the job description, view other open positions, and to apply for this position. Unofficial Transcripts and/or proof of degree required. To complete your application please submit transcripts or proof of degree via fax to (530) 243-8601 or mail to 375 Lake Boulevard, Suite #100 Redding, CA 96003.
Shasta Head Start is an Equal Opportunity EmployerMinimum Education and Experience