Title: Operations Director
Job #: OD-2109-01
Post Date: 9/3/2021
First Review Date: 9/12/2021
Employment Details: Full-time, Regular, Exempt
Salary: $79,601.60 – $91,083.20 (DOEd.)
Shasta Head Start
Founded in 1965, Shasta Head Start is dedicated to providing comprehensive early childhood education, health, nutrition, disabilities, and mental health services to low-income children and families. Shasta Head Start’s 285 staff serve nearly 1000 children and families in Shasta, Siskiyou, and Trinity counties.
We are committed to best practices in child development, education and family advocacy through the delivery of comprehensive program services in a timely and consistent manner. We strive to empower individuals and families to achieve their maximum potential in an environment which respects their value and dignity.
Manages and directs the day-to-day operations of Shasta Head Start according to agency philosophy, goals and values, based on federal, state and local laws and Head Start Performance Standards.
· Minimum education requirements include a bachelor’s degree in Business Management or related field (Master of Business Administration (MBA) or Certified Public Accountant (CPA) preferred).
· Three to five (3-5) years supervisory experience with the ability to exercise sound judgment in all aspects of business operations
· Ability to read, analyze, and interpret complex documents; ability to respond effectively to sensitive inquiries or complaints; ability to write grants, letters, plans, and articles using original or innovative techniques or styles; ability to make effective and persuasive speeches and presentations on controversial topics.
· Ability to apply advanced mathematical concepts and mathematical operations to such tasks as frequency, distribution, analysis of variance, correlation techniques, percent, prorating and compounding.
· Ability to define problems, collect and analyze data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions; ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables; ability to make concise and accurate reports and solve problems.
· Knowledge of principles of management and administration, human development, family dynamics, human behavior, and child/adult learning.
· Knowledge of developmentally appropriate pre-school education practices.
· Knowledge of budget preparation, control methods, and administrative analysis.
· Pre-employment requirements:
o Valid California Driver License and clean DMV record
o Criminal Background Check Required
o Pre-Employment Strength Assessment
o Pre-Employment Drug Test
o Pre-Employment TB Test
o Up to date records of pertussis, measles, and influenza vaccines
· Provide guidance, training, and oversight on all operations including governing laws, agency policies, human resources, transportation, technology, and risk management.
· Provide the leadership, management, and vision necessary to ensure that Shasta Head Start has the proper operational controls and procedures, administrative and reporting procedures, and people systems in place to effectively grow the organization and to ensure financial strength and operating efficiency.
· Receive and analyze reports such as PIR, Child Plus, and financial statements and provide follow-up or corrective action.
· Ensure that daily operations are in alignment with agency goals, Head Start Program Standards, state preschool regulations, and federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
· Safeguard the company assets by ensuring operating controls are in place; evaluate current operating techniques for cost effectiveness and develop ways to improve efficiency.
· Facilitate budget planning, plan replacement of company assets, and develop financial strategies for the future of SHS by evaluating future capital expenditures and their impact on the agency.
· Work as a member of the Executive Team, under the supervision of the Executive Director, to ensure that Shasta Head Start’s mission is carried out.
Professional and Ethical Standards
· Maintain confidentiality in accordance with Agency policy and legal requirements.
· Be honest, reliable, and dependable.
· Respect and maintain rights and privacy of all staff, parents, and children.
· Attend mandated trainings and meetings and seek out staff development opportunities.
· Work as a team member with all staff and maintain a positive work ethic.
· Act conscientiously in performing routine duties
· Adhere to NAEYC Code of Ethical Conduct
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. The employee must be able to occasionally lift 20 pounds overhead and 40 pounds from waist to shoulder. The employee frequently lifts and/or moves up to 40 pounds, and occasionally lifts 50 pounds from floor to waist. The employee must be able to push/pull up to 75 pounds horizontally. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distant vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Shasta Head Start offers a comprehensive benefits package including:
· Employer paid medical, dental, and vision insurance
· Paid Time Off (PTO)
· 15 paid holidays per year
· 401(k) to eligible employees after one year
· Extensive training opportunities
Please visit our website, www.shastaheadstart.org, to review the job description, view other open positions, and to apply for this position. Proof of degree required. To complete your application please submit proof of degree via email to firstname.lastname@example.org, fax to (530) 243-8601 or mail to 375 Lake Blvd., Ste. #100 Redding, CA 96003.
Shasta Head Start is an Equal Opportunity EmployerMinimum Education and Experience