Job Announcement—Medical Assistant
Sierra Family Health Center is seeking a full-time Medical Assistant (MA) for the Medical Clinic located at 15301 Tyler Foote Road, Nevada City, which is approximately 30 minutes north of downtown Nevada City, on the San Juan Ridge.
Essential capabilities include being a collaborative team player, a compassionate listener, and having strong communication skills.
The primary function of an MA is to support both the Medical Providers and the patients in the patients’ care. Key responsibilities include:
• Preparing patients for examination, and assisting the physician during the examination as needed
• Taking patient medical histories and recording vital signs
• Collecting and preparing laboratory specimens, or performing basic laboratory tests on the premises
• Optimizing the process for medication refills
• Administering intramuscular, subcutaneous and intradermal injections, verifying correct medication and dosage with the licensed clinical staff while observing Clinic medication administration safety protocols
The ideal candidate will be a Certified Medical Assistant, with at least one year of experience in a medical clinic with a diverse population. Experience in a federally qualified health center is preferred. If not certified, an agreement to be certified within six months is necessary.
Salary range is $16 to $20 an hour
Send Resume/application via email to : firstname.lastname@example.orgVaccinated against COVID, Hepatitis BMinimum Education and Experience