The Drug and Alcohol Prevention Specialist is responsible for developing, developing, promoting, and sustaining chemical health prevention and education services to students, families, and the school community in collaboration with county and community agencies.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Promote evidenced-based Alcohol, Tobacco, & other Drugs prevention strategies for the high schools of Siskiyou Union
- High School District.
- Provide education and training to school staff, students, parents, and community regarding drug and alcohol prevention.
- Provide direct service to students and families in the form of counseling and prevention services.
- Assist athletic directors and coaches with the implementation of the Athlete Committed program and provide an avenue for access to the program for all students.
- Develop and provide prevention-related information to school staff, parents, and students in the form of newsletters, resource guides, presentations, direct lessons as part of a 9th to 12th grade drug and alcohol awareness prevention comprehensive program.
- Maintaining the district’s Drug and Alcohol Prevention website pages.
- Demonstrate leadership in collaborating with a wide range of youth serving organizations, school districts, local community organizations, and local government.
- Engage community in larger prevention efforts such as identifying and organizing key stakeholders to address local
- prevention needs.
- Provide effective consultation with partners, particularly with district leadership, around policies and procedures.
- Participate in gathering and reporting of various drug and alcohol prevention outcome data.
- Maintain records and enter timely, accurate data
- Other “related” duties as assigned