Tehama County Department of Education
S.E.R.R.F (Safe Education & Recreation for Rural Families)
Full-Time with Benefits
Schedule: Up to 6 hours per day, Monday – Friday based on site; (*Applicants must be able to work days & hours as indicated); School Calendar-186 days (No use of vacation days when school is in session).
Salary: $19.73 – $33.52 per hour (depending on experience)
Under supervision of the Administrator of the SERRF Expanded Learning program, this position
provides site coordination. communications with school personnel. instructional leadership,
supervision, and record keeping functions at a school site participating in an expanded learning,
academic and recreational environment.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND JOB DUTIES:
Any one position may not include all of the listed duties. nor do all of the listed examples include
all tasks that may be found in positions within this classification.
School Site Facilitation:
- Facilitate meetings with administration, project management. recreation specialist. project
liaisons. volunteers, and teaching staff regarding the expanded learning curriculum. tutoring.
and enrichment and recreation activities.
- Facilitate the overall implementation of expanded learning activities at the site. drive
occasionally for department business (optional).
- Consult with administration. teaching staff. recreation specialist. and project liaisons regarding
the content of expanded learning curriculum and tutorial sessions.
- Advise staff and offers recommendations concerning appropriate instructional methods for
small group and individual student tutorials.
- Assist with staff development trainings.
- Assist with the design of curriculum activities that support the intent of the expanded learning
- Provide instruction, tutoring, and recreation activities as needed.
- Supervise all project personnel. including students, staff, and volunteers.
- Collaborate with the Lead Facilitator on observation and evaluation of site staff.
- Provide necessary supervision of students through the use of positive strategies and techniques
in recreation activities. playground. meal service (food or snack). and arrival and departure
- Maintain records and files in accordance with the objectives of the grant. including time
sheets, attendance logs, student progress reports. and test scores.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
Any combination of education, training, and experience that demonstrates ability to perform the
duties and responsibilities as described is qualifying.
- Equivalent to the completion of twelfth grade.
- Associate of Arts or Science Degree or at least two years of accredited college or university
- Three years’ experience in education and supervision.
- Preference will be given to applicants with at least two (2) years of experience in the SERRF
Expanded learning program.
- Current school policies. principles. techniques. strategies. goals, and objectives of public
- Methods. techniques. procedures. and strategies concerning the teaching and assessment of
- Innovative and creative curriculum and instructional trends. including state and county
- Basic concepts of child growth and development. and developmental behavior
- Student behavior management strategies and techniques.
- Basic computer applications and software. including word processing. and basic knowledge
- Maintain confidentiality.
- Plan. organize. develop. and conduct a comprehensive tutoring and recreation expanded
- Provide effective learning experiences for pupils from a wide range of socio-economic and
cultural backgrounds and with varying mental. social, and emotional levels.
- Effectively assess the educational needs of pupils. and design, develop. and implement
tutoring and recreational instruction.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an
employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Frequently required to stand. walk. sit. and reach with hands and arms.
- Occasionally required to stoop, kneel. crouch. or crawl.
- Must be able to exert up to 10-25 pounds of force frequently to lift. carry. push, pull. or
otherwise move objects. This type of work involves sitting most of the time. but may involve
running. walking. or standing for some of the time.
- Perceiving the nature of sound, near and far visual acuity, depth perception. providing oral
information. the manual dexterity to operate equipment, and work with various materials and
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. distance vision. color vision.
peripheral vision. depth perception. and the ability to adjust focus.
Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable a person with a disability to perform the
essential functions of the job
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Salary and work year to be established by County Superintendent.
Requirements / Qualifications
1.) Submit a completed online application via EDJOIN.
2.) Submit an original letter (not to exceed one (1) typewritten page) stating your educational background, experience as it relates to this position, and reasons for applying. A resume will not be considered a letter.
3.) Submit one (1) letter of recommendation signed by the author. (Unsigned letters will be verified)
4.) ParaProfessional Proficiency – one (1) of any of the three (3) ways listed: 1.) AA degree or higher 2.) Transcripts verifying 48 units or more 3.) Documentation of Para-Educator Certificate or passing grade on a state or local test; (i.e. CBEST, CSET, etc.) IF YOU DO NOT MEET THIS REQUIREMENT, YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO TEST FOR THE POSITION.
**NOTE: IF YOU DO NOT MEET THIS REQUIREMENT, YOU MAY OBTAIN COMPLIANCE THROUGH THE PARA EDUCATOR TEST AT THE TEHAMA COUNTY DEPARTMENT OF EDUCATION. FOR MORE INFORMATION PLEASE CALL HUMAN RESOURCES AT 530-528-7329 OR GO TO TEHAMASCHOOLS.ORG)
5.) Submit a current resume.
ALL ITEMS MUST BE SUBMITTED FOR A COMPLETE APPLICATION AND MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE THROUGH EDJOIN.