Under the direction of the Fuel Mart Manager and General Manager, assist in management of convenience store engaged in selling merchandise, liquors and petroleum products. The Supervisor is expected to be responsible for specific tasks and perform shift duties as required. Maintains a customer service oriented operation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensures work schedules are followed by employees, avoiding overtime or lack of coverage on shifts.
- Assist and supervise employees engaged in sales work, taking of inventories, reconciling cash with sales receipts, keeping operating records and preparing a record of transactions, and performs the work of subordinates as needed.
- Ensure compliance of employees with established security, sales and record keeping procedures.
- Ensure all reports, daily sales, deliveries, and other reports are accurate, timely and invoices paid.
- Monitor and verify vendor activity in the fuel mart avoiding over purchasing and excess inventory.
- Accept and verify merchandise deliveries for accuracy and quality.
- Prepare vendor invoices for payment daily.
- Assist in pricing accuracy and adjustments, maintaining accuracy on shelf labels, signage and merchandise.
- Monitor and maintain fuel mart cleanliness, appearance and maintenance.
- Ensure all fuel mart employees are properly trained and notified of all changes within policy and procedures.
- Coordinate sales promotions, prepare and direct workers to apply merchandise displays and advertising of promotions properly.
- Perform all shift supervisor duties and duties of subordinates.
- Able to perform daily duties of Fuel Mart Manager in their absence.
- Temporary or permanent duties and responsibilities may be added to, or modified as deemed necessary.
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Qualified Indian Preference applies
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
Must be able to pass extensive background investigation for the issuance, and retention, of a gaming license.