Modoc Medical Center is accepting applications for an Extra Social Services Aide at its Skilled Nursing Facility (SNF). The primary job function will be to identify the medically-related social and emotional needs of the residents and/or their families.
Wage Rate: $17.94 – $26.35/hour Dependent on Experience
- Assists with all resident appointment making and needs.
- Assists with transport arrangements to residents’ appointments and/or transports resident if needed
- Prepares all transport packets to assure residents have all needed paperwork before arriving to appointment.
- Keeps all departments aware of upcoming appointments and needs required from those departments.
- Maintains a Social Services file on each resident and updates it as directed.
- Assists the resident and family during the admission to the facility, following up as directed on all concerns regarding social services needs of the resident.
- Performs other tasks as delegated by the Social Services Coordinator or Director of Nursing.
- The Social Services Aide will cross-train and fill in for the SNF Ward Clerk as needed.
Qualifications & Job Requirements (but not limited to):
- High School graduate or equivalent. – Experience in a long-term care setting.
- Active California C.N.A certification and CPR preferred.
- Above-average physical/mental health and a courteous, kind and caring disposition
- Able to communicate in English, both verbally and in writing
- Able to walk, bend and lift with the dexterity to perform manual skills required of the job
- Dependable, organized, reliable with good attendance.
- Relates well with co-workers, staff and residents
- Shows adaptability to varied situations, is empathetic, enthusiastic, creative and a resourceful personality
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel)
Application Process: Interested candidates may apply online at www.modocmedicalcenter.orgMinimum Education and Experience