$2,000.00 sign on Bonus!
Wage Range: $20.00- $30.00 per hr.
Chico Electric is looking for experienced Solar Installers to join our team.
We are looking for Solar Installers in one or all of the following markets:
- Residential Solar
- Commercial Solar and Renewables
- Commissioning, O&M.
- Direct the solar portion of projects
- Work closely with Electricians and PM’s
- Laborers will depend on them for information, direction, and support.
Essential Job Functions:
- Install and troubleshoot all systems from 24 volts to 1000 volts DC. (Requires NFPA 70E Certification)
- Oversee solar portion of projects to bring in on/under time and on/under budget
- Coordinate with Electricians for electrical portion of projects
- Contact for customers while on site
- Assist ATI Department in washing solar modules for our customers
- Report unscheduled tardiness and absences to VP, Manager, Assistant Manager or Project Manager as early as possible (whomever is managing the project) as well as to their supervisor as detailed in the Employee Handbook.
- May be required to be on the Emergency Service On-Call rotation (with NFPA 70E certification).
- May be required to work out of town.
Level of Responsibility:
- In charge of laborers during installations.
- Will work with PM on Manpower needs
- Will work under the direction of the PM’s and Electricians to complete the installation
Essential Job Requirements:
- Driving: Current, valid Driver License for State where you will drive, meet company auto insurance qualifications
- Education: High School Diploma or GED
- Required Certification: None
- Required skills: Mechanical abilities, knowledge of tools
- Preferences: Electrical, solar or construction experience
- Physical Requirements: Ability to lift up to 75 lbs while walking on uneven surfaces, have ability to climb and work from ladders, dig trenches, bend, stoop, kneel, push, pull, balance, walk and handle material.
- Ability to drive company vehicles. Ability to work outdoors in all weather conditions. May work at heights on roofs.
- Medical Gap Insurance
- 401k match up to 4%
We encourage you to provide a cover letter, resume, and letters of reference.
Sign on bonus would be calculated based on starting wage. More details from Hiring Lead.
Chico Electric is a drug free organization. All candidates must be able to pass a post-offer, pre-employment drug screen.
All Solar Installer applicants must provide:
· A current (within the last 30 days) CA DMV printout.
How to Apply: Email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Solar Installer” as the subject.Minimum Education and Experience