Job Description: Sous Chef is a working position and is responsible for preparing and implementing daily menus. Incumbent supervises all activities of kitchen employees, including, but not limited to, food presentation, safety, inventory, and sanitation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Assists the Brewery Executive Chef in the training of all kitchen employees.
- Performs as a team member with cooks, dishwashers, supervisors, and pertinent culinary associates in producing a smoothly and efficiently run operation on a scheduled shift.
- Assists and oversees all areas of food production.
- Maintains food standards as set forth by the Brewery Executive Chef.
- Assists the Brewery Executive Chef in the development of new menus and recipes and follows all recipes and control procedures.
- Maintains inventory control system, purchasing, and record keeping.
- Organizes and balances work load for food preparation crew.
- Organizes and cleans walk-ins, reach-ins, and all storage areas.
- Communicates any problems and/or concerns to the Brewery Executive Chef without delay.
- Food Safety Program and Training.
- Other duties and assignments as deemed necessary by management or the Brewery Executive Chef.
Must be able to supervise and communicate effectively with a diverse workforce. Works in a team environment, allocating the work-load for all food preparation areas. Communicates with/assists other department personnel with food requests and set-up.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Education and/or Experience
Education Level – High School Diploma or GED equivalent required.
Experience – Minimum 2 years’ experience in a related field preferred 2 years in a supervisory role.
Education Level: High School Diploma or Equivalent
Salary: 19.50 Hour
Job Application Methods Accepted:
How to Apply: Apply online at: https://featherfallscasino.com/about-us/employment/
FEATHER FALLS CASINO
3 Alverda Drive
Oroville, CA 95966