Tehama County Department Of Education
Part-time: Split Shift: 6:30 am – 8:30 am & 11:15 am – 1:15 pm, Monday-Friday (Applicants must be able to work days & hours indicated)
Starting Salary: $14.77-$17.14 per hour (depending on verified experience)
Under supervision of an Administrator in the SELPA program, this position provides a full range of instructional and physical assistance as well as specialized health care services in a Special Education classroom. The severely handicapped require specialized assistance in providing a full range of physical assistance to children unable to function above minimal levels such as (1) assisting children to eat, (2) moving their bodies, (3) changing diapers and cleaning them, and (4) providing specialized health care services.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND JOB DUTIES:
Any one position may not include all of the listed duties, nor do all of the listed examples include all tasks that may be found in positions within this classification.
- Assist certificated staff in classroom programs and training by reinforcing instructions and providing behavioral examples in social, emotional, and functional skills adapted to the students with special needs. Interacts with pupils in their activities, encouraging performance, observing progress, and sharing observations with teacher.
- Participate in lesson and program planning, staff meetings, and conferences. Enters into a helping relationship with the pupil under the supervisor’s direction to foster learning in an atmosphere of acceptance.
- Support the goals and objectives of classroom activities by preparing materials, obtaining required supplies or equipment; actively works with pupil during an activity, and assists with clean-up after an activity. Provides necessary supervision in academic and non-academic activities.
- Reinforce training and/or instruction by tutoring students in motor and perceptual skills and work training programs. Assist in the grading and correction of work activities and maintenance of required records and data collection on individualized goals.
- Follow accepted principles, practices, rules, and regulations concerning students with special needs.
- Perform other duties as assigned, requiring essentially the same effort, skill, and responsibilities when work requirements are changed or modified.
- Itinerant positions are required to drive frequently for department business.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Any combination of experience and training that would likely provide the required knowledge and skill is qualifying. A typical way to obtain the required knowledge and skill would be:
- Equivalent to the completion of the twelfth grade.
- Training or coursework in child growth and development, special education, instructional technology, or a closely related field is preferred.
- Passing score on Instructional Aide Proficiency Exam, 2 years college (48 units), or AA degree or higher.
- One year of paid or volunteer experience working with children of various age levels requiring a specialized learning environment is preferred.
To Apply: Go to edjoin.org/tcdeMinimum Education and Experience