FULL-TIME STAFF ACCOUNTANT
The Staff Accountant role is responsible for activities supporting accurate financial record keeping and reporting in a dynamic, Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX)-compliant, public company environment. This role as the Staff Accountant will be involved in many aspects of corporate finance as part of a unique industry and respected family-run company, now a subsidiary of a Fortune 300 utility infrastructure and services company. Core functions of this role include financial statement preparation, account reconciliation, fixed asset accounting, audit support, payroll support, and budgeting.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or related applied business field
- CPA preferred (not required)
- 3+ years of public accounting experience (strongly preferred)
- Experience with CA payroll regulations, processes, and systems
- Public company experience HIGHLY preferred
- Prepares consolidated internal and external financial statements by gathering and analyzing information from financial systems and operational teams.
- Maintains and balances ERP system by inputting data, entering journal entries, and maintaining required documentation to ensure system integrity.
- Analyzes information and options by developing spreadsheet reports, verifying information.
- Prepares general ledger entries by maintaining records and files, reconciling accounts, and resolving discrepancies.
- Performs fixed asset accounting functions such as inventory counts, documentation of fixed assets, and reconciliation of depreciation.
- Supports payroll functions including careful data entry and validation across systems.
- Develops and implements accounting procedures by analyzing current procedures, understanding GAAP standards, and recommending improvements.
- Answers accounting and financial questions by researching and interpreting data.
- Protects organization and employee privacy by maintaining confidentiality and discretion.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Assists in implementation of and compliance with internal controls including SOX compliance.
BENEFITS: Medical/Dental/Vision/Life Insurance, other ancillary insurance benefits, Paid holidays, Paid Time Off, 401k-Employer Match up to 4.5% per year.
SCHEDULE: Monday – Friday, 8AM – 5PM
COMPENSATION: Salary; $50,000 – $65,000 per year DOE
DESIRED START: MAY/JUNE 2021
TURN IN RESUME WITH REFERENCES TO JOB TRAINING CENTER AND SEE STAFF FOR A PRE-SCREEN INTERVIEW
For Questions or Concerns Call: (530)529-7000, or Visit Job Training Center at: 718 Main St, Red Bluff, CA.
The Job Training Center is an equal opportunity employer/program. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities. 7-1-1 CRS for TTY Users. A proud partner of America’s Job Center of CaliforniaSM network. 4.9.21 sdMinimum Education and Experience