Tehama County Social Services
Staff Services Analyst I Salary: $21.91 – $26.70 Hourly / $1,752.80 – $2,136.00 Biweekly
Staff Services Analyst II Salary: $24.19 – $29.47 Hourly / $1,935.20 – $2,357.60 Biweekly
CLOSING DATE: October 25, 2021 at 5 PM
NATURE OF WORK:
The primary function of a Staff Services Analyst I/II is to perform professional level analytical duties in the areas of:
- Fiscal: Fiscal analysis of program funding, allowable expenses and cost claiming; County and grant budgeting; expense reports and revenue tracking.
- Program: Public Assistance programs such as Adult Protective Services, Adoptions, In-Home Supportive Services, CalWORKs, CalFresh, Child Protective Services, and Medi-Cal
- The department seeks to fill one position in fiscal and two in program.
The ideal candidate has the ability to research problems and central issues accurately and objectively and to recognize alternative solutions and determine an effective course of action; make sound decisions and independent judgements within established guidelines; express information and ideas orally and in written form; develop and maintain cooperative, effective working relationships; accept increasing responsibility; prioritize, plan, coordinate, and organize simultaneous work assignments and project to meet critical and competing deadlines; work as a team contributing to and/or leading team efforts; and must be proficient in Microsoft Office, specifically Excel, Word and Outlook, superior skills in writing procedures and developing written plans is required;
Perform complex research and analysis of existing and proposed state and local department policies, procedures, programs and systems; interview, consult and coordinate with state and local departmental officials, employees and others to give and receive information; prepare written reports and makes recommendations on procedures, policies, and functional issues and alternatives; make effective presentations before various groups; and prepare clear and concise comprehensive reports, summaries, abstracts, correspondence and other documentation.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
In addition to the education and experience requirements specified in the Merit Systems/Cooperative Personnel Services classification specification, Tehama County requires:
- Equivalent to completion of the twelfth (12th) grade.
- After a successful 1 year probationary period as a Staff Services Analyst I, the incumbent is expected to promote to a Staff Services Analyst II.
The department currently has three (3) vacancies.
In addition, Tehama County is establishing an eligibility list to fill future vacancies for a Staff Services Analyst I/II –Program and Fiscal, as well as subsequent vacancies which occur during the life of the eligibility list.
For questions about this recruitment contact:
530-528-4095 | RBarram@tcdss.org