Tehama County Department of Social Services
Red Bluff, CA
Full-Time with Benefits
Staff Services Analyst I:
$24.85 – $30.21 Hourly / $1,988.00 – $2,416.80 Biweekly.
Staff Services Analyst II:
$26.11 – $31.74 Hourly / $2,088.80 – $2,418.40 Biweekly
NATURE OF WORK
The primary function of a Fiscal Staff Services Analyst fiscal is to participate in fiscal analysis of
program funding, including determining allowable expenses, cost claiming, planning and
AS A STAFF SERVICES ANALYST – FlSCAL YOU WILL HAVE THE OPPORTUNITY TO:
Gain knowledge of agency funding sources and allowable expenditures; perform fiscal analyses
and projections, and prepare related recommendations; assist in the fiscal and accounting
oversight, monitoring and management of contracts, grants and other funding and expenditure
sources; may participate in the development and adjustment of the agency’s budget and/or
special project budgets; complete expense claims for payment and oversees the balancing and
reconciling of expenses and revenues.
The ideal candidate has the ability to work in a team contributing to and/or leading team efforts; identify problems and issues accurately and objectively, including in stressful situations, to identify alternative solutions and course of action; make sound decisions and independent judgements within established guidelines; express information and ideas orally and in written form; develop and maintain cooperative positive working relationships; accept increasing responsibility; prioritize, plan coordinate, and organize simultaneous work assignments and project to meet critical and competing deadlines.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES:
- Performs, coordinates, monitors, and participates in various administrative analytical functions, typically within a departmental program or administrative section.
- Reviews program updates, letters, and notices for potential impact on various programs and activities; recommends and prepares policy and procedure changes to ensure compliance.
- Compiles, maintains, and analyzes data; identifies trends, and makes recommendations involving the formulation of policy and procedures, as well as staffing and organizational changes.
- Serves as a resource and provides advice and information to supervisors, managers, and other internal staff, the public, and other agencies in area(s) of assignment including the interpretation and explanation of a variety of programs, policies, rules, regulations, labor contracts, and Memorandum of Understanding.
- Performs fiscal analyses and prepares recommendations relating to the status of various fund balance projections, fiscal transactions, and related financial activities; analyzes findings and prepares recommendations for department management.
- Participates in the preparation of the department’s annual budget, including analysis and estimates of expenditures and analysis and projections of revenues.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & LICENSES:
In addition to the education and experience requirements specified in the Merit Systems/Cooperative Personnel Services classification specification, Tehama County requires:
- Equivalent to completion of the twelfth (12th) grade.
License & Special Requirements:
- Requires a valid California driver’s license.
Pattern 1: Graduation from an accredited four year college or university with a bachelor’s degree;
Pattern 2: Two (2) years (60 semester or 90 quarter) of college units;
One (1) year of full time experience as an Eligibility Specialist III, Integrated Case Worker III, Employment and Training Worker III, Social Worker II, Accounting Technician, Child Support Specialist III, or Staff Services Specialist; OR Two (2) years of full time experience as an Eligibility Specialist II, Integrated Case Worker II, Employment and Training Worker II, Account Clerk III, or Child Support Specialist II; OR Two (2) years of full time technical level experience involving general administrative, personnel, fiscal, staff development, or program work.
Substitution: Additional progressively responsible para-professional experience performing complex duties of a technical nature in any of the functional areas noted above may be substituted for the required education on a year-for-year basis.
HOW TO APPLY: This recruitment closes on June 12th , 2023. To apply please submit your application through Merit System Services: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/MSS. You must click on the link, search for this job between the opening and closing dates, and submit your application. This job will only be posted between the opening and closing dates on the flyer. After filing your application you will be notified by Merit System Services as to whether or not your application met the minimum qualifications. Following the closing date those that met minimum qualifications will be contacted by the County for the next steps in the recruitment process. Only the most qualified candidates will be invited to test and interview.
Interviews tentatively scheduled for 6/22/2023
Tehama County is recruiting to fill multiple vacancies.
In addition, Tehama County is establishing an eligibility list to fill future vacancies for a Staff Services Analyst I/II – Fiscal(Merit), as well as subsequent vacancies which occur during the life of the eligibility list.
For questions about this recruitment contact:
(530)528-4095 | email@example.com
All offers of employment are contingent upon successful completion of background, fingerprinting, drug test (including marijuana) and physical examination provided by the County.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER / AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES ACT COMPLIANT /
VETERANS’ PREFERENCE POLICY / DRUG-FREE WORKPLACE
Minimum Education and Experience