New Red Bluff Store
Full time / Wage is Dependent on Experience
ACE Hardware is coming to Red Bluff by April and they are seeking an Assistant Store Manager who will be responsible for the complete day‐to‐day operation of the store in the absence of the Store Manager. Assistant Store Managers are responsible for maximizing store sales and profitability, along with minimizing expenses while ensuring that the store is optimally stocked and merchandised, and to Amaze Every Customer Every Time. An Assistant Store Manager contributes to the growth and development of the management team and store associates.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Sales & Operations
● Delegate daily workload among associates
● Hire, train and develop retail staff
● Review all store evaluations
● Coordinate the overall supervision of staff
● Conduct associate evaluations
● Develop and implement an in‐store marketing
● Complete merchandising updates
● Work with vendors to develop merchandising strategies
● Forecast scheduling needs to meet customer demand and create work schedules.
● Monitor payroll
● Review staffing strengths and opportunities
● Promote Customer Service as The #1 Priority
● Regularly promote and teach “Amaze Every Customer Every Time” while leading by example and coaching
● Communicate the store’s performance, and educate, engage and motivate the team
● Drive customer satisfaction
● Review all customer service measurement reports
● Provide coaching in order to ensure consistency of service to all customers
● Maintain accurate inventor and utilize available inventory reports to reduce shrinkage, maintain appropriate stock levels and maximize inventory accuracy.
Coaching & Training
● Work on your professional development through leadership training opportunities
● Identify appropriate training for store associates and oversee all training requirements for all associates.
Safety, Compliance and Store Environment
● Enforce safety policies and procedures, and serves as role model for safety.
● Enforce store environment.
● Conduct preventative safety and fire inspections, and take appropriate actions to correct all issues.
● High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED); or, an equivalent combination of education and experience. Bachelor degree preferred.
● Minimum of 3 years of leadership experience in a retail setting.
● Ability to stand for an extended period of time, walk, reach, and bend to perform job duties
● Move and handle merchandise up to 40 pounds, and fixtures throughout the store, which entails lifting and perform all functions as set forth
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
● Must have good verbal and written communication skills
● Ability to provide motivation and leadership in a fair and impartial manner.
● High degree of analytical skills, and the ability to delegate and be self‐directed.
● Excellent written and verbal communication skills
● Strong organizational, time management, and project management skills
● Technically skilled in basic retail computer systems including related software
● Develop and maintain client relationships and strategic partnerships
● Dress according to company policy
● Bilingual (Spanish) verbal and written communication skills strongly preferred
● Possess valid in‐state driver license with an acceptable driving record in accordance with company’s insurance carrier’s standards
*Job responsibilities may change based on the needs of the business.
To Apply: Submit a resume to the Job Training Center in person or email:
Open until filled.
Job Training Center is an equal opportunity employer/program. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities. 7‐1‐1 CRS for TTY Users. A proud partner of American’s Job Center of California Network.Minimum Education and Experience