Job Order: 17420134
Print Date: 01/21/2021 Expires: 04/11/2021
Job Title: Substitute Custodian/Maintenance/Grounds
Job Time Type: Part Time (Less than 30 Hours)
Keeps/maintains assigned buildings (rooms, office space, halls etc.) clean and orderly.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs all general custodial duties, interior and exterior.
- Sweeps, scrubs, mops and waxes floors
- Dusts and polishes furniture, woodwork and metalwork
- Empties and clean waste receptacles
- Cleans restrooms, cafeteria, gyms, halls and classrooms
- Washes walls and windows
- Sweeps and washes walks
- Replaces light bulbs; cleans blinds
- Assists in moving and arranging furniture
- Performs minor light maintenance, i.e. installs dispensers, tighten loose screws for safety.
- Maintains custodial equipment in good working order. Uses and cleans vacuums and scrubbing machines.
- Assists in set up in auditorium or classrooms for special events or meetings.
- Snow removal as needed including when called in after hours and on weekends to get the site ready for students.
- Disposes of trash daily; keeps the grounds clean at all times; empties trash cans in designated areas.
- Secures assigned run area and activates/deactivates alarms each night to ensure his/her area is secure.
- Knowledge of handling and disposal of hazardous material.
- Responsible for opening school and gates daily; checking premises for damage and/or needed attention.
- May recycle materials to assist with site recycle efforts.
- Operates all building/stadium lighting for facility users and ensures that all lights are turned off at the end of use.
- Responsible for flags each day.
- Works with student workers on various tasks including recycling materials.
- Opens school buildings and gates daily at 6 a.m.; checks premises for damages and/or needed attention.
- Cleans and maintains theater; sets up for functions.
- Reports and attempts to resolve plant emergencies as soon as possible; responds to cell phone/radio calls in a timely manner.
- Cleans and resets MPR daily following lunch period(s).
- Responds to custodial requests by facility users.
- Is available for emergencies.
- Other related duties as assigned.
Hiring Requirements: Drug Testing/Screening, Background Checks, Reference Checks, General knowledge of first aid and CPR, Good Driving Record
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education Level: High School Diploma or Equivalent
Requires a Drivers’ License: Yes, Operator License
Minimum Salary: $15.49/ Hour
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Life Insurance, Vision, Retirement/Pension
Job Application Methods Accepted: Via Company Website: https://www.edjoin.org
To Apply: Apply on-line at Edjoin: https://www.edjoin.org
NEVADA JOINT UNION HIGH SCHOOL DISTRICT
11645 Ridge Road
Grass Valley, CA 95945
Contact: Lisa St Germain
Phone: (530) 273-3351Drug Testing/Screening, Background Checks, Reference Checks, General knowledge of first aid and CPR, Good Driving RecordMinimum Education and Experience