Red Bluff Joint Union High School District
Red Bluff, CA
Salary: $17.03 per hour
The Red Bluff Joint Union High School District is seeking applicants for a Substitute Custodian. Hours may vary depending on need. Hourly as-needed.
- Physical ability to perform heavy manual labor
- Knowledge of equipment, tools, terms, and methods used in building and grounds maintenance
- Ability to properly use tools and power equipment for custodial, building and grounds maintenance work
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions
- Possession of a valid California Drivers’ License
- Education equivalent to completion of high school and a minimum of one year related experience
- Demonstrated ability to maintain effective working relationships with other employees
EXAMPLE OF DUTIES
Sweeps, mops, waxes and scrubs floors; dusts, waxes, washes, and polishes furniture and woodwork; empties and cleans waste receptacles; washes windows and walls; cleans restrooms; sweeps sidewalks and
areas around buildings; moves and arranges furniture and equipment; cleans fountains; polishes metal work; replaces light bulbs and replenishes supplies; checks lights and locks on doors and windows; makes minor repairs and reports the need for other repairs; takes care of equipment and materials used in custodial work; operates power cleaning equipment; moves, arranges furniture and equipment for athletic or special events and meetings; may paint or do other miscellaneous maintenance work as directed.
- Assists in planting lawns, trees and shrubs; rakes leaves and lawns; picks up rubbish and paper and does general grounds cleaning; prepares and maintains ground around plants and shrubs; does other general utility work such as loading and unloading trucks, setting bleachers, building fences, and lining, grading and preparing athletic fields; repairs and replaces sprinkler systems; cleans drains; does minor blacktop and cement work.
1. All applications and related material will be held in strict confidence and are to be submitted through Edjoin.org. For more information contact Charity Page, Personnel Technician at email@example.com
2. As a candidate you must submit:
a. Letter of Interest
b. Current Resume
c. One Letter of Recommendation
3. To be considered, you must submit the above items to Edjoin.org. Closes: UNTIL FILLED.
4. Upon screening of all application packets, selected applicants will be invited to participate in the interview process. A finalist will be recommended to the Superintendent by the interview panel and
the Superintendent will make a recommendation to the Board of Trustees for appointment.
5. The District reserves the right to close or extend the filing deadline when identifying a qualified candidate.