- Job ID
- Daycare Center
- USD $17.00/Hr.
- USD $21.70/Hr.
Under the direction of Director of the Childcare Center, the substitute teacher/aide will be responsible for facilitating the day to day operations of the center or helping the teacher facilitate the daily operations of the center. The substitute will monitor and ensure safety and program guidelines in their classroom, provide a safe, happy, and positive environment for all children, plan and implement all activities appropriate for 0-5 year-olds, complete DRDP assessments as needed, and communicate with parents as needed.
Required Licensing & Certificates:
- 12 postsecondary semester units in early childhood education from an accredited college, or willing to obtain with a time frame of one class per semester or 12 units within 2 years
- Units specified shall include courses covering:
- Child growth and development
- Child, family and community
- Program/curriculum, plus
- 5 hours of health and safety training
- Six months of work experience in a licensed Child Care Center or similar program
- Current California driver’s license
- Pediatric CPR/1st Aid Certification
- TB Clearance
- MMR, Tdap, and Flu immunizations or waiver verification
- DOJ and FBI Fingerprint Clearance