ANNOUNCEMENT FOR CLASSIFIED POSITION
SUBSTITUTE EDUCATIONAL ASSISTANT SPECIAL EDUCATION
2020-2021 School Year
The Red Bluff Joint Union High School District is seeking applicants for Substitute Educational Assistants, SpEd for the 2020-2021 school year. Hourly as needed.
SALARY AND TERMS OF SERVICE
Present salary $15.60 an hour.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS (Please note that not all qualifications apply to all educational assistants. Some are very specific to the job/classroom where the educational assistant is assigned).
- AA Degree or two years of college (48 units) or have met the established requirements of an academic assessment Para-Educator Certificate
- Ability to understand and carry out written and oral instructions.
- Ability to demonstrate proficiency in reading, writing and mathematical skills sufficient to obtain a passing score on a standardized proficiency test as needed by the District.
- Ability to effectively supervise students in a variety of situations.
- Ability to maintain the security and confidentiality of specified records and information.
- Ability to transport students in a District vehicle.
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships with students, parents, teachers, and administration.
- Ability to learn and operate Augmentive Communication Devices.
- Ability to learn applications of Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA), TEACCH and other methods of instruction commonly used with students who haveAutistic Spectrum Disorders.
- Ability to empathize with the needs of special education students; react with flexibility, patience, and sensitivity to changing situations and needs of students; communicate with students and motivate them to participate in learning activities.
- Ability to have skills necessary to work with high school age students.
- Knowledge of proper English usage, spelling, grammar, punctuation and vocabulary.
- Knowledge of basic computer skills.
- Knowledge of modern office equipment.
- Knowledge of behavior management strategies and techniques relating to pupils.
- Ability to learn and operate equipment used for lifting and transferring students.
- Valid California Drivers License.
- Previous experience working in an educational setting with students with ASD.
- Previous experience working with students of various disabilities.
- Previous experience working with at risk youth.
- First Aid and CPR training.
- All applications and related material will be held in strict confidence and are to submitted through Edjoin.org. For more information contact:
Sandy Wallace at firstname.lastname@example.org
- As a candidate you must submit:
a. Letter of Interest
b. Current Resume
c. Certificates, transcripts and related materials
d. Three Letters of Recommendation
- To be considered, you must submit the above items
to Edjoin.org. Closes: UNTIL FILLED
- Upon screening of all applications, selected applicants will be invited to participate in the interview skills evaluation process. A finalist will be recommended to the Superintendent by the interview panel and the Superintendent will make a recommendation to the Board of Trustees for appointment.
- The District reserves the right to close or extend the filing deadline when identifying a qualified candidate.
The Red Bluff Joint Union High School District is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of sexual orientation, gender, ethnic group identification, race, ancestry, national origin, religion, color, or mental or physical disability. (Title VI, Title IX, and Section 504 Vocational Rehabilitation)Minimum Education and Experience