Tehama County Health Services Agency
Full-Time with Benefits
12/7/2023 – 12/11/2023. Testing will be provided via email.
Tentative Interview Date:
1st & 2nd to be held Friday, December 15,2023 from 1:00pm-3:00pm
*Only the most qualified candidates will be selected to interview.
In compliance with current regulations in the state of California, this position does not
require employees to obtain a COVID-19 vaccination, although it is highly recommended.
New employees should anticipate being hired at the beginning step of the salary range.
Under the direction of the Public Health Director, plans, implements and supervises the activities of Nutrition Assistants, Registered Dietitians and other staff in providing services related to the Women, Infants and Children (WIC) Program and other assigned program areas. Additionally, provides nutrition counseling, education, training and consulting services to participants in the WIC Program, including high-risk clients; provides technical assistance, consultation, training and education to agency staff; provides educational presentations to the community.
Why Tehama County Health Services Agency?
Tehama County Health Services Agency is committed to a healthy community. We provide integrated services to Tehama County residents through education, prevention, assessment, intervention, treatment, and follow up. Our staff are valued for their contributions to client care, whether they work in direct services or are in key support roles. We collaborate, communicate, and support each other so we can focus on what’s most important, the overall health of our clients. Every position is a key position at Health Services. We value input, good communication, and collaboration within our organization as well as with our agency partners. If you would enjoy working with people who are committed to the health of our residents, then our agency would like to hear from you.
Examples of Duties
- Assists with the planning, implementation, supervision and evaluation of Public Health Division services and programs, including the WIC Program; performs duties in direct support of the Public Health Director.
- Supervises and evaluates the work of Public Health Division Staff in a variety of programs to ensure quality of public health services delivery.
- Participates in the hiring of new personnel, arranges for and provides new employee orientation, recommends disciplinary action and resolves staff conflicts as needed.
Required Knowledge of:
- Human nutrition and its relationship to health and disease;
- Health and nutritional issues concerning pregnant or nursing women, infants and children;
- Principles and techniques of nutrition counseling including menu planning and food preparation methods;
- Local, State and Federal programs that provide assistance to women, infants and children
- Use the WIC WISE computer system;
- Develop and implement effective health education programs;
- Perform nutrition assessments, determine nutritional requirements and provide client counseling;
- Develop and conduct community nutrition assessments and dietary studies, educational programs and materials and nutrition workshops.
Translates, interprets and otherwise communicates with members of the Spanish speaking community
Education, Experience & Licenses
- Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with a Bachelor’s degree in nutrition sciences, community, clinical, or public health nutrition or dietetics.
- Three (3) years of professional experience as a Registered Dietitian. One (1) year of supervisory experience is desirable.
- Other combinations of education and experience may be considered.
License & Special Requirements:
- Requires a valid California driver’s license.
- Must possess a Registered Dietitian (R.D.) title as registered by the Commission on Dietetic
- Registration of the American Dietetic Association.
- Must complete periodic continuing education coursework as required to maintain active registration.
- Must obtain certification as a lactation consultant within one (1) year of employment.
• Must pass a Merit Systems Services written and/or oral bilingual proficiency test (or other appropriate test selected by the County) to qualify.
The department is currently recruiting for one (1) vacancy.
In addition, Tehama County is establishing an eligibility list to fill future vacancies for an Supervising Registered Dietitian, as well as subsequent vacancies which occur during the life of the eligibility list.
Please submit ALL required documents when applying such as, copies of all required degrees and/or certifications as outlined in the job description. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
For questions about this recruitment contact:
530-527-8491 x3830 | Emily.Unger@tchsa.net
All offers of employment are contingent upon successful completion of background, fingerprinting, drug test (including marijuana) and physical examination provided by the County.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER / AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES ACT COMPLIANT / VETERANS’ PREFERENCEPOLICY / DRUG-FREE WORKPLACE