Paskenta Band of Nomlaki Indians Tribal Government
Reports to: Surveillance Manager
Job Class: Non-Exempt; 40 hours per week
Application available at: www.paskenta-nsn.gov
Native American Preference in hiring is given to qualified enrolled members of the Paskenta Band of Nomlaki Indians, descendants of members of the Paskenta Band and registered members of other Native American tribes or First Nations in North America provided that the individual can provide satisfactory proof of such membership in accordance with the Band’s Preference Policy (Chapter 1-715 of the Paskenta Band of Nomlaki Indians Tribal Policies).
The Surveillance Monitor is a critical part of the safety and security of Casino Operations. Monitors shall oversee and evaluate casino activity via video equipment by performing the following duties.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Continuously monitor surveillance cameras placed throughout the gaming floor to observe gaming activities, cash handling, and monitor the health and safety of patrons and employees.
- Quickly Identify and report any suspicious activities, cheating, theft, or violation of gaming regulations to the Surveillance Supervisor, and Manager.
- Ensure strict adherence to Tribal gaming regulations, internal Controls, state and federal laws governing casino and document violation of compliance standards.
- Operate surveillance equipment effectively, including PTZ cameras, digital recording systems and any associated software.
- Ability to recognize and report all pertinent irregularities and/or improprieties to Surveillance Shift Supervisor and Manager
- Respond to panic alarms and alerts generated by surveillance system, and coordinate with Security Department to address incidents, disturbances, or emergencies.
- Maintain detailed, accurate records of surveillance activities, incidents, and observations, by preparing incident reports, including photo and video evidence as needed.
- Uphold strict ethical standards and privacy considerations while conducting surveillance activities, ensuring the protection of patron and employees rights and confidentiality.
- Assist in emergency situations by providing surveillance support to security and emergency response teams. Help coordinate evacuations or lockdown procedures if necessary.
- Stay updated on the operation of surveillance equipment, gaming regulations and security protocols. Participate in training sessions and drills related to emergency response.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 21 years of age.
- Associate degree or 2 years of Tribal Casino experience, or a combination thereof.
- Familiarity with Surveillance equipment and software use in the casino environment is preferred.
- Strong attentions to detail, excellent observation skills and ability to remain focused during extended periods of time.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of tribal gaming regulations, state, and federal gaming laws
- Must be able to satisfactorily complete training on the following types of games conducted: Blackjack, Pai Gow, Texas Shoot-out, 3 Card Poker, High Card Flush, Ultimate Texas Hold’em, and any future games added.
- Ability to perform basic math. (Add, Subtract, Multiply, Divide)
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality
- The ability and motivation for continued learning in the surveillance field by means of attending online, on property, and/or off property learning facilities, classes, training, etc.
- Capable of standing and or sitting for long periods of time.
- Flexibility to work rotating shifts, including nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Qualified individuals should be able to articulate a strong commitment to diversity and can work effectively with individuals from different backgrounds.
- Offers of employment are made contingent upon the successful completion of criminal background screening and drug testing.
NOTE TO APPLICANTS
Must meet the licensing requirements by the Paskenta Gaming Commission. Must have a Valid California driver’s license. Please be advised a pre-employment Drug Test and a Department of Justice Fingerprinting clearance will be required as a condition of employment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job the employee is required to stand, walk, sit, handle, or feel, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch, talk and hear. The employee will need to be able to lift at least 25 lbs. The employee will also need to have the visual abilities and physical dexterity to see and work with small and detailed electronic components.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is occasionally required to work in a dimly lit office with moderate noise level. The room temperature in the area must remain cool to accommodate the specifications of technical equipment located in the room. Occasionally the employee may be required to work in an environment subjected to cigarette smoke. This position requires the ability to work non-conventional work hours.
Employment with Paskenta Band of Nomlaki Indians is voluntarily entered. All PBNI personnel are employed on an at-will basis. At-will employment may be terminated with or without cause, and with or without notice at any time by the employee or by PBNI. No manager, supervisor, or employee of the organization has any authority to enter into an agreement for employment for any specified period or to make an agreement for employment other than at-will terms. The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between Paskenta Band of Nomlaki Indians and employee and is subject to change by the Paskenta Band of Nomlaki Indians.
Minimum Education and Experience