Paskenta Band of Nomlaki Indians
Native Preference in hiring is given to qualified enrolled members of Paskenta Band of Nomlaki Indians and Native Americans in accordance with the Band’s Preference Policy (Chapter 1-715 of the Paskenta Band of Nomlaki Indians Tribal Policies). Applicants claiming Indian Preference must submit verification of Indian certified by tribe of affiliation or other acceptable documentation of Indian heritage.
The Surveillance Monitor is a critical part of the safety and security of Casino Operations. Monitors shall oversee and evaluate casino activity via video equipment by performing the following duties.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides steady observation of personnel and patrons via video equipment.
- Self-motivation and diligence are necessary.
- Understanding of all applicable rules and regulations must be worked towards and reached.
- Ability to recognize and report all pertinent irregularities and/or improprieties to Surveillance Shift Supervisor.
- Understanding of chain of command is required.
- Effective and clear understanding of, as well as ability to use radio to communicate with security staff and other departments.
- Ability to write complete and fully detailed reports is required.
- Understanding of Logbook Systems and their maintenance is required.
- Must be able to work well under extreme pressure.
- May on occasion be required to report criminal activity to Law Enforcement agencies.
- Ability and willingness to work all assigned shifts in seven day a week, twenty-four hour a day operation.
- Must learn, comprehend, and comply with all company policies and procedures, MICS, Gaming Regulations and Regulation 31 requirements.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Minimum of 21 years of age.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Must be able to satisfactorily complete training on the following types of games conducted: Blackjack, Pai Gow, Texas Shoot-out, 3 card poker.
- The ability to be productive, with minimal training, is essential for success in most temporary assignments.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions and percentages. Must be able to work with positive and negative numbers.
- Qualified individuals should be able to articulate a strong commitment to diversity, and have the ability to work effectively with individuals from different backgrounds.
- Offers of employment are made contingent upon the successful completion of criminal background screening and drug testing.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Gaming license issued by the Paskenta Gaming Commission.
- Must obtain Title 31 certification as trained by Rolling Hills Casino.
- Two years of casino/surveillance related experience is preferred.
- Knowledge of Closed Circuit Television (CCTV) systems preferred.
NOTE TO APPLICANTS
Must meet the licensing requirements by the Paskenta Gaming Commission. Must have a Valid California driver’s license. Please be advised a pre-employment Drug Test and a Department of Justice Fingerprinting clearance will be required as a condition of employment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job the employee is required to stand, walk, sit, handle, or feel, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch, talk and hear. The employee will need to be able to lift at least 25 lbs. The employee will also need to have the visual abilities and physical dexterity to see and work with small and detailed electronic components.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is occasionally required to work near a moderate noise level. The employee may be required to work in an environment subjected to cigarette smoke. This position requires the ability to work non-conventional work hours.
How to Apply: Visit www.paskenta-nsn.gov/employment-opportunities to download the Application. Submit your application, resume, and references via email to Paskenta Band of Nomlaki Indians Human Resources Department at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Employment with Paskenta Band of Nomlaki Indians is voluntarily entered. All PBNI personnel are employed on an at-will basis. At-will employment may be terminated with or without cause, and with or without notice at any time by the employee or by PBNI. No manager, supervisor, or employee of the organization has any authority to enter into an agreement for employment for any specified period or to make an agreement for employment other than at-will terms. The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between Paskenta Band of Nomlaki Indians and employee and is subject to change by the Paskenta Band of Nomlaki Indians.Minimum Education and Experience