SUSANVILLE INDIAN RANCHERIA
745 Joaquin Street
Susanville, CA 96130
OPENING DATE OF ANNOUNCEMENT: February 2, 2023
CLOSING DATE OF ANNOUNCEMENT: Until Filled
POSITION TITLE: Physician
STARTING SALARY: Negotiable
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
NUMBER OF POSITIONS: 1
HOURS: Full Time
BENEFITS: Highly competitive package *See below
SUBJECT TO P.L. 101-630: Yes This position works with and around our children and youth and is therefore subject to P.L. 101-630.
GENERAL STATEMENT OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Physician is responsible for direct medical care of patients, ordering appropriate diagnostic tests, and implementing therapeutic measures.
This position works with and around children/youth and is therefore subject to P.L. 101-630.
SPECIFIC AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Utilizes knowledge and skill in taking medical histories, performing appropriate plans and therapies (including referrals for consultations) and providing medical follow-up.
2. Provides comprehensive medical care to all age groups.
3. Reviews clinical records and evaluates medical care provided by consultants and staff. Recommends changes and improvements when indicated.
4. Reviews laboratory and consultants’ reports and initiates any indicated follow-up.
5. Participates in developing, implementing, and evaluating policies, procedures, protocols, and other business items as requested for the clinic to ensure high quality, cost-effective medical care.
6. Participates in staff meetings, case conferences, and committee meetings.
7. Obtains appropriate consults when problems presented are outside scope of practice or when unfamiliar with a particular aspect of the patient’s care.
8. Communicates effectively with the patient including appropriate patient education, answering questions, and history taking.
9. Demonstrates competent knowledge in delivering health care to patients through peer review as established through policies and procedures and Quality Improvement Program.
10. Cooperates with medical staff in ensuring after hours coverage for the clinic patients.
11. Complies with other facility regulations if providing inpatient or nursing home care and always represents LIHC in other facilities in a professional manner.
12. Supports and contributes in a positive manner to clinic efforts in order to maintain and improve patient satisfaction in all aspects of health delivery.
13. Works at maximum potential to meet productivity requirements in order to improve fiscal viability while maintaining quality medical care.
14. Responsible for maintaining credentials by keeping all required licenses current, including but not limited to, California Medical License, DEA licenses, CME hours, CPR Certifications and any other. It is the responsibility of the Provider to give Human Resources current credentials before old credentials expire.
15. Fosters an environment that promotes trust and cooperation among all staff of LIHC.
16. Enforces clinic policies and procedures to ensure that the principles of LIHC are implemented.
17. Attend LIHC staff and organization meetings as requested.
18. Participates in customer service-related issues. Adheres to customer service values created by LIHC.
19. Assists in the review of the Medical Policy and Procedure Manual annually.
20. Contributes to team effort by participating in the Susanville Indian Rancheria’s facility wide program improvements, goals, and standards.
21. Performs other duties as assigned.
1. Must have a high school diploma or equivalent from an accredited high school.
2. Must have a valid California driver’s license or license from current residence state.
3. Must pass P.L. 101-630 background check.
4. Must pass a pre-employment drug test.
5. Must have a valid CPR card or be able to obtain one within ninety (90) days of hire.
ADDITIONAL QUALIFICATIONS FOR THIS POSITION
1. Completion of a nationally accredited school of medicine for Medical Doctor or Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine program – preferred.
2. Current unrestricted California Licensure to practice medicine.
3. Board Certification or eligibility for Certification by the American Board of Family Practice – preferred.
4. Must have completed Medical Residency in the United States, Canada, or United Kingdom – preferred.
5. Directly related experience in clinic management and medical practice.
6. Ability to work with other health professionals and paraprofessionals in a team approach to provide comprehensive health care.
7. Must pass criminal background investigation and meet the minimum standards of character as established by P.L. 101-630.
8. Possess valid driver’s license with no more than 5 MVR points and insurable as determined by the Susanville Indian Rancheria insurance provider.
9. Current DEA License.
10. Maintain BLS/ACLS Certification.
1. PHYSICAL SAFETY: The work requires minor physical exertion, such as short periods of standing, walking over rough, uneven surfaces, some recurring bending, crouching, stooping, stretching, reaching, or similar activities. Job may require recurring lifting of lightweight objects with infrequent bending or stooping alternating with the lighter activities. Job requires minimal agility and dexterity.
2. WORKING ENVIRONMENT: Regular exposure to unfavorable environments such as weather, body fluids, toxic laboratory, and industrial chemicals, or confined, dirty and noisy locations. Employees may be required to use personal protective equipment such as masks, coats, gowns, boots, goggles, gloves, or shields.
Uphold all principles of confidentiality.
Adhere to all professional and ethical behavior standards.
Interact in an honest, trustworthy and respectful manner with employees, visitors and vendors.
Participate in departmental staff meetings, quality management activities, cultural and educational programs.
Comply with policies and procedures.
Display respect and understanding of Susanville Indian Rancheria’s traditions and values.
The way the employee relates to fellow employees, customers and visitors is considered parallel in importance to technical knowledge and ability.
Any attitude or behavior that will tarnish the name or reputation of the Susanville Indian Rancheria will not be tolerated and is subject to disciplinary action.
1st Preference: Enrolled member of a Federally Recognized Tribe.
2nd Preference: Documented proof of Veteran Status, i.e. DD-214, Veterans Benefit Card.
3rd Preference: All other applicants.
SIR BENEFITS PACKAGE:
The Susanville Indian Rancheria offers its full-time employees a highly competitive benefits package, including annual cost-of-living increases; eligibility for annual merit increases; sixteen paid holidays; thirteen days paid sick leave; up to twenty-six days paid annual leave (depending on length of service); maternity leave; paternity leave; affordable group health, dental, vision, and life insurance; and 401(k) retirement plan.
HOW TO APPLY AND APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS:
All applicants are required to submit a Susanville Indian Rancheria/ Lassen Indian Health Center application. Applications can be found on our website at: www.sir-nsn.gov/human-resources/ (SIR – LIHC – Gaming Commission Application for Employment P.L. 101-630 Requirements) or picked up at 745 Joaquin Street, Susanville, CA. Resumes in addition to the Application is encouraged but not mandatory.
Only complete applications will be considered. For your application to be considered complete you must attach the following:
1. Completed Susanville Indian Rancheria/Lassen Indian Health Center Application.
2. Copy of your High School Diploma And/Or College Degree or transcripts documenting your graduation or completion of your Degree.
3. Copy of your valid Driver’s License.
4. Copy of any other certifications required.
5. Copy of Tribal Card, if claiming Indian Preference.
6. Copy of DD214 or other proof of Veteran status, if claiming Veteran’s Preference.
7. In additional we encourage you to provide a statement on how you meet each Minimum and Additional Qualifications and Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities.
Complete applications can be dropped off in person to the Human Resources Office at 745 Joaquin Street, Susanville, California, Monday through Friday from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm. They may also be emailed to email@example.com or faxed to (530) 251-1895 or mailed to the above address. All applications must be received by 5:00 pm Pacific Standard Time on the closing date of the announcement.
EOEMinimum Education and Experience