SUSANVILLE INDIAN RANCHERIA
745 Joaquin Street
Susanville, CA 96130
OPENING DATE OF ANNOUNCEMENT: June 3, 2022
CLOSING DATE OF ANNOUNCEMENT: Until Filled
First Cut-Off Date June 17, 2022
Second Cut-Off July 1, 2022
Third Cut-Off July 15, 2022
Final Cut-Off July 29, 2022
POSITION TITLE: Clinical Applications Coordinator (LIHC)
STARTING SALARY: $28.77 to $35.97 depending on experience
FLSA STATUS: Non – Exempt
NUMBER OF POSITIONS: 1
HOURS: Full Time
BENEFITS: Highly competitive package *See below
SUBJECT TO P.L. 101-630: Yes – This position works with and around our children and youth and is therefore subject to P.L. 101-630.
GENERAL STATEMENT OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
This position will work under the direct supervision of the Information Technology (IT) Manager in the implementation and ongoing support of the Lassen Indian Health Center (LIHC) electronic health record and related software. This includes consulting with the Clinic Chief Executive Officer/Chief Operating Officer (CEO/COO), providers, nurses, dental staff, and pharmacy staff in the processes of training, customizing reports and verifying health records when assigned.
The incumbent serves as a specialist/integrator in the implementation and ongoing support of multi-service clinical software applications used in the clinic setting for LIHC. The position supports the daily interface between all clinic staff and the electronic health record. The duties involve serving as the coordinator for this consulting with the service lines and their staff in customizing software and training individuals in the daily operation of the software.
Incumbent coordinates with the IT department for training and instruction.
SPECIFIC AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Incumbent is responsible for implementation and support of Greenway Intergy Hosted software and Citrix Intergy on Demand products for clinic providers and staff.
· Manages software problems for clinic users and performs helpdesk tasks related to the Electronic Health Record (EHR) functionality. Maintains a daily log of help desk problems and solutions.
· Provides user training plans for new staff including creating new users, applying security, maintaining group memberships, and assisting with password resets when necessary.
· Promotes an awareness of data validity and data security. Coordinates efforts to correct deficiencies and makes suggestions for system improvements.
· Coordinates with IT staff to implement hardware changes, software updates or health care product procurement when necessary.
· Responsible for creating and disseminating the following clinical reports: Meaningful Use, GPRA, QIP, Dental, SDPI, and custom reports from the Practice Analytics Application, and any others assigned.
· Refers problems requiring a higher level of technical support to the IT department.
· Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
A. Ability to communicate effectively with peers and superiors, to speak in front of groups and to communicate in writing policies, procedures, memoranda, and training materials.
B. Ability to operate and communicate effectively while under pressure is essential.
C. Extensive knowledge of a broad range of patient care activities, working knowledge of the clinic environment and how the different services and functions interact.
D. Knowledge of windows applications.
E. Skill in problem solving, interpersonal relationships in the workplace and conflict resolution.
F. Ability to work independently, to plan, coordinate and implement projects and to complete projects on schedule.
G. Knowledge of current healthcare industry Privacy Act and security requirements.
1. Must have a high school diploma or equivalent from an accredited high school.
2. Must have a valid California driver’s license or license from current residence state.
3. Must pass P.L. 101-630 background check.
4. Must pass a pre-employment drug test.
5. Must have a valid CPR card or be able to obtain one within ninety (90) days of hire.
ADDITIONAL QUALIFICATIONS FOR THIS POSITION
6. Minimum of four (4) years of experience in direct patient care (medical, pharmacy, nursing, or allied health).
7. Experience in clinical applications support.
8. Experience in Indian Health Services.
9. Degree in medical informatics desirable.
10. Must be willing to attend extensive training sessions.
1. PHYSICAL SAFETY: The work requires moderate physical exertion such as long periods of standing repetitively lifting lightweight objects with frequent bending or stooping, recurring lifting of moderately heavy items such as computer, printers, or record boxes. Occasionally lifts heavy objects (over 50 pounds). Job requires average agility and dexterity.
2. WORKING ENVIRONMENT: Regular exposure to favorable conditions such as those found in a normal office.
Uphold all principles of confidentiality.
Adhere to all professional and ethical behavior standards.
Interact in an honest, trustworthy and respectful manner with employees, visitors and vendors.
Participate in departmental staff meetings, quality management activities, cultural and educational programs.
Comply with policies and procedures.
Display respect and understanding of Susanville Indian Rancheria’s traditions and values.
The way the employee relates to fellow employees, customers and visitors is considered parallel in importance to technical knowledge and ability.
Any attitude or behavior that will tarnish the name or reputation of the Susanville Indian Rancheria will not be tolerated and is subject to disciplinary action.
1st Preference: Enrolled member of a Federally Recognized Tribe.
2nd Preference: Documented proof of Veteran Status, i.e. DD-214, Veterans Benefit Card.
3rd Preference: All other applicants.
SIR BENEFITS PACKAGE:
The Susanville Indian Rancheria offers its full-time employees a highly competitive benefits package, including: annual cost-of-living increases (based on SSA COLA); eligibility for annual merit increases; twelve paid holidays; thirteen days paid sick leave; up to twenty-six days paid annual leave (depending on length of service); maternity leave; paternity leave; affordable group health, dental, vision, and life insurance; and 401(k) retirement plan.
HOW TO APPLY AND APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS:
All applicants are required to submit a Susanville Indian Rancheria/ Lassen Indian Health Center application. Applications can be found on our website at: www.sir-nsn.gov/human-resources/ (SIR – LIHC – Gaming Commission Application for Employment P.L. 101-630 Requirements) or picked up at 745 Joaquin Street, Susanville, CA.
Only complete applications will be considered. For your application to be considered complete you must attach the following:
1. Completed Susanville Indian Rancheria/Lassen Indian Health Center Application.
2. Copy of your High School Diploma AND College Degree or transcripts documenting your graduation or completion of your Degree.
3. Copy of your valid Driver’s License.
4. Copy of any other certifications required.
5. Copy of Tribal Card, if claiming Indian Preference.
6. Copy of DD214 or other proof of Veteran status, if claiming Veteran’s Preference.
7. An additional statement on how you meet each Minimum and Additional Qualification and Knowledge, Skills and Abilities.
Complete applications can be dropped off in person to the Human Resources Office at 745 Joaquin Street, Susanville, California, Monday through Friday from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm. They may also be faxed to (530) 251-1895 or mailed to the above address. All applications must be received by 5:00 pm Pacific Standard Time on the closing date of the announcement.
EOEMinimum Education and Experience