SUSANVILLE INDIAN RANCHERIA
745 Joaquin Street
Susanville, CA 96130
OPENING DATE OF ANNOUNCEMENT: Date October 8, 2021
First Cut Off: Oct. 22, 2021
Second Cut Off: Nov. 5, 2021
CLOSING DATE OF ANNOUNCEMENT: Nov. 5, 2021
POSITION TITLE: Surveillance Agent
STARTING SALARY: $17.14 per hour
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
NUMBER OF POSITIONS: 1
HOURS: Full Time
BENEFITS: Highly competitive package *See below
SUBJECT TO P.L. 101-630: No
Must NOT be a Susanville Indian Rancheria Tribal member, or related to any Susanville Indian Rancheria Tribal member, casino employee, or their spouses, including “significant others,” in non-marital relationships.
GENERAL STATEMENT OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
Works variable shifts as assigned by the supervisor; works in concurrence with the security department and management; ensures that surveillance is provided throughout the casino, hotel, and property as required by policies and procedures.
SPECIFIC AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Monitors gaming activities, all customer and employee activities, back of house operations, and hotel personnel/patrols. Operates surveillance equipment, alarm systems, monitors and all other control systems as required.
· Keeps accurate records and logs.
· Interprets and applies all applicable gaming policies, procedures, laws, regulations, and accurately process the information.
· Recognizes and acts upon observations of customer and employee actions.
· Operates a video surveillance system.
· Maintains confidentiality in all matters.
· Works any shift including splits, evenings, weekends, and holidays.
Knowledgeable of all Susanville Gaming enterprises, gaming policies and internal procedures to ensure that rules, regulations, and laws applicable to the gaming operation are effectively enforced by reporting violations to the appropriate authorities as necessary.
· Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
A. Have a basic knowledge of table games.
B. Ability to inform and communicate orally and in writing in adverse and challenging situations.
C. Ability to conduct research as needed.
D. Skill in working with little or no supervision.
E. Ability to interact with the public, fellow employees, tribal enterprises, county, state, and federal agencies demonstrating respect, tact, courtesy, objectivity, and possess the maturity to develop an effective and cooperative working relationship.
F. Reasoning skills.
G. Ability to maintain alertness and attention to detail.
1. Must have a high school diploma or equivalent from an accredited high school.
2. Must have a valid California driver’s license or license from current residence state.
3. Must pass P.L. 101-630 background check OR pre-employment background check.
4. Must pass a pre-employment drug test.
5. Must have a valid CPR card or be able to obtain one within ninety (90) days of hire.
ADDITIONAL QUALIFICATIONS FOR THIS POSITION
6. Must be 21 years of age or older.
7. Must qualify for a gaming license.
8. Must be willing to work in a second-hand cigarette smoke environment.
9. Must NOT be a Susanville Indian Rancheria Tribal member, or related to any Susanville Indian Rancheria Tribal member, casino employee, or their spouses, including “significant others,” in non-marital relationships.
1. PHYSICAL SAFETY: The work requires moderate physical exertion such as long periods of standing repetitively lifting lightweight objects with frequent bending or stooping, recurring lifting of moderately heavy items such as computer, printers or record boxes. Occasionally lifts heavy objects (over 50 pounds). Job requires average agility and dexterity.
2. WORKING ENVIRONMENT: Regular exposure to favorable conditions such as those found in a normal office.
Uphold all principles of confidentiality.
Adhere to all professional and ethical behavior standards.
Interact in an honest, trustworthy and respectful manner with employees, visitors and vendors.
Participate in departmental staff meetings, quality management activities, cultural and educational programs.
Comply with policies and procedures.
Display respect and understanding of Susanville Indian Rancheria’s traditions and values.
The way the employee relates to fellow employees, customers and visitors is considered parallel in importance to technical knowledge and ability.
Any attitude or behavior that will tarnish the name or reputation of the Susanville Indian Rancheria will not be tolerated and is subject to disciplinary action.
1st Preference: Enrolled member of a Federally Recognized Tribe.
2nd Preference: Documented proof of Veteran Status, i.e. DD-214, Veterans Benefit Card.
3rd Preference: All other applicants.
SIR BENEFITS PACKAGE:
The Susanville Indian Rancheria offers its full-time employees a highly competitive benefits package, including: annual cost-of-living increases (based on SSA COLA); eligibility for annual merit increases; twelve paid holidays; thirteen days paid sick leave; up to twenty-six days paid annual leave (depending on length of service); maternity leave; paternity leave; affordable group health, dental, vision, and life insurance; and 401(k) retirement plan.
HOW TO APPLY AND APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS:
All applicants are required to submit a Susanville Indian Rancheria/ Lassen Indian Health Center application. Applications can be found on our website at: www.sir-nsn.gov/human-resources/ (SIR – LIHC – Gaming Commission Application for Employment P.L. 101-630 Requirements) or picked up at 745 Joaquin Street, Susanville, CA.
Only complete applications will be considered. For your application to be considered complete you must attach the following:
1. Completed Susanville Indian Rancheria/Lassen Indian Health Center Application.
2. Copy of your High School Diploma AND College Degree or transcripts documenting your graduation or completion of your Degree.
3. Copy of your valid Driver’s License.
4. Copy of any other certifications required.
5. Copy of Tribal Card, if claiming Indian Preference.
6. Copy of DD214 or other proof of Veteran status, if claiming Veteran’s Preference.
7. An additional statement on how you meet each Minimum and Additional Qualification and Knowledge, Skills and Abilities.
Complete applications can be dropped off in person to the Human Resources Office at 745 Joaquin Street, Susanville, California, Monday through Friday from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm. They may be faxed to (530) 257-1895 or mailed to the above address. All applications must be received by 5:00 pm Pacific Standard Time on the closing date of the announcement.
EOEMinimum Education and Experience