SUSANVILLE INDIAN RANCHERIA
745 Joaquin Street
Susanville, CA 96130
OPENING DATE OF ANNOUNCEMENT: July 21, 2023
CLOSING DATE OF ANNOUNCEMENT: Until Filled
POSITION TITLE: Tutor
STARTING SALARY: $15.89 – $19.87 – Depending on Experience
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
NUMBER OF POSITIONS: Multiple
HOURS: Part Time
BENEFITS: Highly competitive package *See below
SUBJECT TO P.L. 101-630: Yes This position works with and around our children and youth and is therefore subject to P.L. 101–630.
GENERAL STATEMENT OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
Under the direction of the Education Resource Coordinator, the Tutor will provide support to the day-to-day operations of the Education Department by assisting with tutoring, college readiness, physical education, and cultural activities. Implementation of tutoring will be completed at the schools and at the center for our enrolled students. The Tutor will also transport students, as necessary. The Tutor will also be responsible for Weekly and Monthly Vehicle Inspections logs, maintaining a Vehicle Mileage Log, and submitting logs in a timely manner. The Tutor will be responsible for preparing healthy snacks and maintaining a clean environment for the students. Susanville Indian Rancheria are looking for people that are flexible, smart, empathetic and are interested in providing a healthy, safe environment for our students.
This position is grant funded. Continued employment is contingent upon renewed grant funding.
SPECIFIC AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Works under the direction of the Education Resource Coordinator to provide tutoring assistance to students, grades K-12, focusing on reading and math. Responsible for providing cultural activities.
• Prepares and organizes lessons and evaluates student progress.
• Compiles a daily Tutor Log and submits them in a timely manner.
• Attends Parent/Student conferences as needed/requested.
• Requests and compiles data from the schools as needed.
• Prepares and organizes student activities.
• Prepares student snacks.
• Creates a snack menu for the school year and summer programs.
• Compiles the items for purchase and completes supply requisitions.
• Transports students, as necessary.
• Performs weekly and monthly vehicle inspections, daily mileage logs and submits them in a timely manner.
• Willing and able to communicate in writing and verbally with parents, school officials and staff.
• Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
A. Skills in collaborating with school-age children.
B. Knowledge of Native American Culture.
C. Knowledge of math, writing and reading.
D. Ability to keep children under control.
E. Physical ability to play outside games with children.
1. Must have a high school diploma or equivalent from an accredited high school.
2. Must have a valid California driver’s license or license from current residence state.
3. Must pass P.L. 101-630 background check.
4. Must pass a pre-employment drug test.
5. Must have a valid CPR card or be able to obtain one within ninety (90) days of hire.
ADDITIONAL QUALIFICATIONS FOR THIS POSITION
6. Must be eighteen (18) years of age or older. (Preferred age twenty-one (21) and have been a licensed driver for at least three (3) years.)
7. One (1) year of similar or related experience, desired but not required.
8. Must have a Child Prevention Certificate OR the ability to get one within thirty (30) days of hire date.
9. Must have and maintain a valid annual Safety Food Handling Certificate OR the ability to get within thirty (30) days of hire date.
10. Must have and maintain a valid Mandated Reporter Certificate OR the ability to get within Thirty (30) days of hire date.
1. PHYSICAL SAFETY: The work is sedentary. Typically, the employee may sit comfortably to do the work. However, there may be some walking, standing, bending, carrying of light items, driving an automobile, etc. No special physical demands are required to perform the work.
2. WORKING ENVIRONMENT: Regular exposure to favorable conditions such as those found in a normal office.
Uphold all principles of confidentiality.
Adhere to all professional and ethical behavior standards.
Interact in an honest, trustworthy and respectful manner with employees, visitors and vendors.
Participate in departmental staff meetings, quality management activities, cultural and educational programs.
Comply with policies and procedures.
Display respect and understanding of Susanville Indian Rancheria’s traditions and values.
The way the employee relates to fellow employees, customers and visitors is considered parallel in importance to technical knowledge and ability.
Any attitude or behavior that will tarnish the name or reputation of the Susanville Indian Rancheria will not be tolerated and is subject to disciplinary action.
1st Preference: Enrolled member of a Federally Recognized Tribe.
2nd Preference: Documented proof of Veteran Status, i.e. DD-214, Veterans Benefit Card.
3rd Preference: All other applicants.
SIR BENEFITS PACKAGE:
The Susanville Indian Rancheria offers its full-time employees a highly competitive benefits package, including: annual cost-of-living increases; eligibility for annual merit increases; sixteen paid holidays; thirteen days paid sick leave; up to twenty-six days paid annual leave (depending on length of service); maternity leave; paternity leave; affordable group health, dental, vision, and life insurance; and 401(k) retirement plan.
HOW TO APPLY AND APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS:
All applicants are required to submit a Susanville Indian Rancheria/ Lassen Indian Health Center application. Applications can be found on our website at: www.sir-nsn.gov/human-resources/ (SIR – LIHC – Gaming Commission Application for Employment P.L. 101-630 Requirements) or picked up at 745 Joaquin Street, Susanville, CA. Resumes in addition to the Application is encouraged but not mandatory.
Only complete applications will be considered. For your application to be considered complete you must attach the following:
1. Completed Susanville Indian Rancheria/Lassen Indian Health Center Application.
2. Copy of your High School Diploma And/Or College Degree or transcripts documenting your graduation or completion of your Degree.
3. Copy of your valid Driver’s License.
4. Copy of any other certifications required.
5. Copy of Tribal Card, if claiming Indian Preference.
6. Copy of DD214 or other proof of Veteran status, if claiming Veteran’s Preference.
7. In additional we encourage you to provide a statement on how you meet each Minimum and Additional Qualifications and Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities.
Complete applications can be dropped off in person to the Human Resources Office at 745 Joaquin Street, Susanville, California, Monday through Friday from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm. They may also be faxed to 530-251-1895 or mailed to the above address. All applications must be received by 5:00 pm Pacific Standard Time on the closing date of the announcement.
EOEMinimum Education and Experience