SUSANVILLE INDIAN RANCHERIA
745 Joaquin Street
Susanville, CA 96130
OPENING DATE OF ANNOUNCEMENT: August 27, 2021
CLOSING DATE OF ANNOUNCEMENT: Until Filled
First cut-off date: September 7, 2021
Second cut-off date: September 21, 2021
Final cut-off date: October 5, 2021
POSITION TITLE: Surveillance Technician
STARTING SALARY: $18.53 to $ 23.16 depending on experience
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
NUMBER OF POSITIONS: 1
HOURS: Full Time
BENEFITS: Highly competitive package *See below
SUBJECT TO P.L. 101-630: No
Must NOT be a Susanville Indian Rancheria Tribal member, or related to any Susanville Indian Rancheria Tribal member, casino employee, or their spouses, including “significant others,” in non-marital relationships. EOE.
GENERAL STATEMENT OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
To install, maintain, and repair the Surveillance Department’s analog and IP video and audio equipment. Install and maintain the Department’s computers and related hardware and software. To lead, guide, and train Surveillance Agents and all other Surveillance Employees on all equipment.
SPECIFIC AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Pull necessary wiring and cables to provide power, control, and communication equipment as needs.
· Install and connect video cameras.
· Install and connect audio devices.
· Install and make functional video monitoring devices.
· Install and make functional audio receivers, speakers, and recording devices.
· Install video and audio computerized control components.
· Install and make functional video recording devices and systems.
· Perform basic low voltage electrical connections.
· Install and make functional all computers, workstations, and computer software.
· Maintain and repair all above referenced equipment and systems.
· Troubleshoot and fix breakdowns, blackouts, or communications deficiencies.
· Read and understand blueprints, electrical schematics, and technical manuals and bulletins.
· Work as a Surveillance Agent as required.
· Lead, guide, and train members of the Surveillance Department.
· Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
A. Ability to read and understand technical manuals, bulletins, directives, catalogs, and other job-related publications.
B. Must have good oral and written communication skills.
C. Must have the ability to calculate distances and lengths of materials needed for assigned projects.
D. Must have basic math skills.
E. Ability to trace functions, breakdowns, or other deficiencies to find cause and correct (troubleshoot).
F. Ability to read and interpret all policies and procedures.
G. Skill in analyzing drawings and descriptions of video and audio installation projects and determine necessary materials for projects.
H. Must have the knowledge and ability to make functional and maintain IP network systems.
I. Must have the ability to stand, bend, twist, lift light to moderate loads, climb ladders, maneuver in crawl spaces and work in confined areas.
J. Skill in operating basic hand tools with either hand.
1. Must have a high school diploma or equivalent from an accredited high school.
2. Must have a valid California driver’s license or license from current residence state.
3. Must pass a pre-employment background check.
4. Must pass a pre-employment drug test.
5. Must have a valid CPR card or be able to obtain one within ninety (90) days of hire.
ADDITIONAL QUALIFICATIONS FOR THIS POSITION
6. Must be twenty-one (21) years of age.
7. Four (4) years of experience in technical electrical installations is preferred.
8. Certificate of training from a technical school is preferred, experience may be substituted.
9. Must be able to read, interpret, and understand structural blueprints, electrical schematics, drawings, and technical specifications.
10. Must maintain confidentiality in all matters.
11. Must be willing to work in a second-hand cigarette smoke environment.
12. Must NOT be a Susanville Indian Rancheria Tribal member, or related to any Susanville Indian Rancheria Tribal member, casino employee, or their spouses, including “significant others,” in non-marital relationships.
1. PHYSICAL SAFETY: The work requires minor physical exertion, such as short periods of standing, walking over rough uneven surfaces, some recurring bending, crouching, stooping, stretching, reaching, or similar activities. Job may require recurring lifting of lightweight objects with infrequent bending or stooping alternating with the lighter activities. Job requires minimal agility and dexterity.
2. WORKING ENVIRONMENT: Occasional exposure to objectional conditions or variations such as those found in variable weather conditions or light industrial settings.
Uphold all principles of confidentiality.
Adhere to all professional and ethical behavior standards.
Interact in an honest, trustworthy and respectful manner with employees, visitors and vendors.
Participate in departmental staff meetings, quality management activities, cultural and educational programs.
Comply with policies and procedures.
Display respect and understanding of Susanville Indian Rancheria’s traditions and values.
The way the employee relates to fellow employees, customers and visitors is considered parallel in importance to technical knowledge and ability.
Any attitude or behavior that will tarnish the name or reputation of the Susanville Indian Rancheria will not be tolerated and is subject to disciplinary action.
1st Preference: Enrolled member of a Federally Recognized Tribe.
2nd Preference: Documented proof of Veteran Status, i.e. DD-214, Veterans Benefit Card.
3rd Preference: All other applicants.
SIR BENEFITS PACKAGE:
The Susanville Indian Rancheria offers its full-time employees a highly competitive benefits package, including: annual cost-of-living increases (based on SSA COLA); eligibility for annual merit increases; twelve paid holidays; thirteen days paid sick leave; up to twenty-six days paid annual leave (depending on length of service); maternity leave; paternity leave; affordable group health, dental, vision, and life insurance; and 401(k) retirement plan.
HOW TO APPLY AND APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS:
All applicants are required to submit a Susanville Indian Rancheria/ Lassen Indian Health Center application. Applications can be found on our website at: www.sir-nsn.gov/human-resources/ (SIR – LIHC – Gaming Commission Application for Employment P.L. 101-630 Requirements) or picked up at 745 Joaquin Street, Susanville, CA.
Only complete applications will be considered. For your application to be considered complete you must attach the following:
1. Completed Susanville Indian Rancheria/Lassen Indian Health Center Application.
2. Copy of your High School Diploma AND College Degree or transcripts documenting your graduation or completion of your Degree.
3. Copy of your valid Driver’s License.
4. Copy of any other certifications required.
5. Copy of Tribal Card, if claiming Indian Preference.
6. Copy of DD214 or other proof of Veteran status, if claiming Veteran’s Preference.
7. An additional statement on how you meet each Minimum and Additional Qualification and Knowledge, Skills and Abilities.
Complete applications can be dropped off in person to the Human Resources Office at 745 Joaquin Street, Susanville, California, Monday through Friday from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm. They may be faxed to (530) 257-1895 or mailed to the above address. All applications must be received by 5:00 pm Pacific Standard Time on the closing date of the announcement.Minimum Education and Experience