OPENING DATE OF ANNOUNCEMENT: July 7, 2022
CLOSING DATE OF ANNOUNCEMENT: Until Filled
POSITION TITLE: Family Nurse Practitioner
STARTING SALARY: $82,700.80 to $103,376.00 depending on experience.
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
NUMBER OF POSITIONS: 1
HOURS: Full Time
BENEFITS: Highly competitive package *See below
SUBJECT TO P.L. 101-630: Yes- This position works with and around our children and youth and is therefore subject to P.L. 101-630.
GENERAL STATEMENT OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Family Nurse Practitioner (FNP), under the direction of the Medical Director, performs health care services by performing appropriate diagnostic tests and implementing treatment therapeutic measures. This person works as an integral part of the clinical team and participates in clinic meetings and serves on committees. The FNP follows standardized procedures, which were developed jointly by nurse practitioners, physicians, and administration in accordance with the Nurse Practice Act (1977) and Business and Professions Code, Section 2725.
SPECIFIC AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Obtain health and medical histories on patients; perform physical examinations; order pertinent diagnostics and implement appropriate therapy according to the scope of practice guidelines.
• Collect, record, and interpret data according to the SOAP format; utilize EHR as applicable.
• Issues, writes, and/or transmits orders from the supervising physician to furnish dangerous drugs and/or devices to patients within their licensure.
• Assesses, consults and refers patients to other departments and specialists when non- primary care issues arise in the treatment of patients.
• Obtain supervising physician’s consultation when problems presented are outside the scope of practice, or when unfamiliar with a particular aspect of the patient’s care.
• Communicate effectively with the patients while involved with their health care, includingproviding appropriate patient education while answering questions and in history taking. This includes monitoring and managing the medical and emotional changes of clients with chronic diseases.
• Demonstrates competent knowledge in delivering health care to patients through peer review processes including chart reviews, by interactions with supervising physician, and by working collaboratively with support staff and all staff of Lassen Indian Health Center.
• FNP is responsible for maintaining current licenses to practice medicine. Copies are to be given to Human Resources.
• Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
1. Must have strong written and verbal communication skills.
2. Ability to exhibit patience under stress.
3. Must have analytical skills.
4. The ability to provide accurate, effective care in a stressful situation.
1. Must have a high school diploma or equivalent from an accredited high school.
2. Must have a valid California driver’s license or license from the current residence state.
3. Must pass P.L. 101-630 background check..
4. Must pass a pre-employment drug test.
5. Must have a valid CPR card or be able to obtain one within ninety (90) days of hire.
ADDITIONAL QUALIFICATIONS FOR THIS POSITION
1. Must have a BS Degree in Nursing or a related field.
2. Must have a certificate of completion from a nurse practitioner program that meets the educational requirements of the California Board of Registered Nursing (BRN).
3. Current license to practice as a Registered Nurse in the State of California.
4. Must have a current DEA license.
5. Must have a valid BLS card or be able to obtain it within ninety (90) days of the hire date.
6. Must have five to eight years of experience in the medical field as a nurse or provider.
1. PHYSICAL SAFETY: The work requires minor physical exertion, such as short periods of standing, walking over rough, uneven surfaces, some recurring bending, crouching, stooping, stretching, reaching, or similar activities. The job may require recurring lifting of lightweight objects with infrequent bending or stooping alternating with the lighter activities. The job requires minimal agility and dexterity.
2. WORKING ENVIRONMENT: Regular exposure to unfavorable environments such as weather, body fluids, toxic laboratory, and industrial chemicals, or confined, dirty, and noisy locations. Employees may be required to use personal protective equipment such as masks, coats, gowns, boots, goggles, gloves, or shields.
Uphold all principles of confidentiality.
Adhere to all professional and ethical behavior standards.
Interact in an honest, trustworthy, and respectful manner with employees, visitors, and vendors.
Participate in departmental staff meetings, quality management activities, and cultural and educational programs.
Comply with policies and procedures.
Display respect and understanding of Susanville Indian Rancheria’s traditions and values.
The way the employee relates to fellow employees, customers, and visitors is considered parallel in importance to technical knowledge and ability.
Any attitude or behavior that will tarnish the name or reputation of the Susanville Indian Rancheria will not be tolerated and is subject to disciplinary action.
1st Preference: Enrolled member of a Federally Recognized Tribe.
2nd Preference: Documented proof of Veteran Status, i.e. DD-214, Veterans Benefit Card.
3rd Preference: All other applicants.
SIR BENEFITS PACKAGE:
The Susanville Indian Rancheria offers its full-time employees a highly competitive benefits package, including annual cost-of-living increases (based on SSA COLA); eligibility for annual merit increases; twelve paid holidays; thirteen days paid sick leave; up to twenty-six days paid annual leave (depending on the length of service); maternity leave; paternity leave; affordable group health, dental, vision, and life insurance; and 401(k) retirement plan.
HOW TO APPLY AND APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS:
All applicants are required to submit a Susanville Indian Rancheria/ Lassen Indian Health Center application. Applications can be found on our website at: www.sir-nsn.gov/human-resources/ (SIR – LIHC – Gaming Commission Application for Employment P.L. 101-630 Requirements) or picked up at 745 Joaquin Street, Susanville, CA.
Only complete applications will be considered. For your application to be considered complete you must attach the following:
1. Completed Susanville Indian Rancheria/Lassen Indian Health Center Application.
2. Copy of your High School Diploma AND College Degree or transcripts documenting your graduation or completion of your Degree.
3. Copy of your valid Driver’s License.
4. Copy of any other certifications required.
5. Copy of Tribal Card, if claiming Indian Preference.
6. Copy of DD214 or other proof of Veteran status, if claiming Veteran’s Preference.
7. An additional statement on how you meet each Minimum and Additional Qualification and Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities.
Complete applications can be dropped off in person at the Human Resources Office at 745 Joaquin Street, Susanville, California, Monday through Friday from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm. They may also be emailed to email@example.com or faxed to (530) 251-1895 or mailed to the above address. All applications must be received by 5:00 pm Pacific Standard Time on the closing date of the announcement.
EOEMinimum Education and Experience